RabbitMQ high availability

Ahmed Shabana
Dears ,Does any of the rabbitmq 2 modules supported at opensip 2.4.x support high availability mode i.e. fallback to second rabbitmq if the first one not working properly ?

Also if it fail to send to the rabbmitmq does the script fail ?

Re: RabbitMQ high availability

Răzvan Crainea-2
Hi, Ahmed!

None of the module supports this by themselves, but you can achieve this
for each of them using existing tools:
* for event_rabbitmq, you can put multiple rabbitmq subscribers in an
event_virtual handler
* for rabbitmq you can test in the script if the command was
successfully sent
Note that for both modules you need to run in synchronous mode to
support this feature.

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 3/12/19 12:54 PM, Ahmed Shabana wrote:

> Dears ,Does any of the rabbitmq 2 modules supported at opensip 2.4.x support high availability mode i.e. fallback to second rabbitmq if the first one not working properly ?
>
> Also if it fail to send to the rabbmitmq does the script fail ?

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer
   http://www.opensips-solutions.com
Meet the OpenSIPS team at the next OpenSIPS Summit:
   https://www.opensips.org/events

Re: RabbitMQ high availability

Ahmed Shabana
Dears, some of our sip peers complaint that we sent in our SDP contains two 'c='

v=0.
o=- 1552491282093 1 IN IP4 192.168.104.200.
s=Our Local Private Media Server.
c=IN IP4 **192.168.104.200.**
t=0 0.
m=audio 36356 RTP/AVP 8 0 101.
c=IN IP4 **Public.Interface.RTPPRoxy.**
a=sendrecv.
a=rtcp:36357 IN IP4 Public.Interface.RTPPRoxy.
a=ptime:20.
a=rtpmap:0 pcmu/8000.
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000.
a=rtpmap:8 pcma/8000.

I am using RTPProxy inside the script just like below
        rtpproxy_offer("nt60T60", "$avp(advertised_address)", "$avp(mediaSet)",)
        rtpproxy_answer("ocnt50T50", "{{ ips.opensips }}","$avp(mediaSet)" , ) ;

how could I hide private IPs in above SDP that reach our trunk side ?

Best regards ,
Shabana

Recall: RabbitMQ high availability

Ahmed Shabana
Ahmed Shabana would like to recall the message, "RabbitMQ high availability ".

Re: RabbitMQ high availability

Gerwin van de Steeg
Ahmed,

In theory:

You can configure RabbitMQ as a 2+ node (although i'd start with 3 nodes) highly available cluster, and depending on how you configure it you can get it to the point where it doesn't matter about which node you publish to to get the message into the right exchange, all you need to do then is consume from it.
If you then stick an HA Proxy based (or other type of network load balancer) load balancer in front then you have a single point you can connect to and the HA Proxy will load balance the connection from OpenSIPS through to a running RabbitMQ broker.

That should work, but you may have to try it and find out how that all works.