Raise event from MI/FIFO interface(externally)

Raise event from MI/FIFO interface(externally)

SamyGo
Hi,

I'm trying to find out document pages regarding raising events from outside the OpenSIPS via fifo/mi_* modules. All I have read so far is opensips can send events and their data OUT to external "subscribing" applications. There is even a fifo command to subscribe for an event from FIFO layer.

Kindly guide me as how do I tell OpenSIPS that a particular Event has triggered.

My usage scenario is (OpenSIPS 2.2.7) a caller is waiting_on_event("OPENSIPS_BOOTCAMP");
Now some external web monitoring bot just realized Bootcamp has started and it wants to raise this event to the waiting caller !

opensipsctl fifo raise_event OPENSIPS_BOOTCAMP 22Oct18 Romania

Best Regards,
Sammy

Re: Raise event from MI/FIFO interface(externally)

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Sammy,

The Event Interface philosophy is to allow external apps to get access to the events generated by OpenSIPS; basically a data flow from OpenSIPS to outside world. So, there is no way to trigger an event from outside (via MI).
Still, your example is valid, so please open a feature request on github and we could add a "raise_event" MI function.

As really (really) dirty hack, you can use (if possible) some SIP OPTIONS to trigger the event. From the web send an OPTIONS via UDP, with a special RURI -> you identify the RURI in script and do a raise_event() in script.

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/
On 10/11/2018 07:35 PM, SamyGo wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to find out document pages regarding raising events from outside the OpenSIPS via fifo/mi_* modules. All I have read so far is opensips can send events and their data OUT to external "subscribing" applications. There is even a fifo command to subscribe for an event from FIFO layer.

Kindly guide me as how do I tell OpenSIPS that a particular Event has triggered.

My usage scenario is (OpenSIPS 2.2.7) a caller is waiting_on_event("OPENSIPS_BOOTCAMP");
Now some external web monitoring bot just realized Bootcamp has started and it wants to raise this event to the waiting caller !

opensipsctl fifo raise_event OPENSIPS_BOOTCAMP 22Oct18 Romania

Best Regards,
Sammy

Re: Raise event from MI/FIFO interface(externally)

SamyGo
Hi Bogdan,
Sure thing I'd open up a feature request. Yes thats what we decided to go with to use sipsak or something like that to trigger SIP packet and make use of it.
Apologize for late reply; thanks a lot for your response.

Regards,
Sammy

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 4:29 AM Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Sammy for the follow up.

For the sake of the completion of this discussion, just update here with the feature request link, so people can follow it later.

Thanks and regards,