Re: ERROR:core:udp_send: sendto(): Operation not permitted(1)

Re: ERROR:core:udp_send: sendto(): Operation not permitted(1)

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Adi,

The blocking is generated from kernel level it is typically related to
the send socket (the IP used to send the message from). maybe you have
some iptables on the OUTPUT chain.

adi wrote:

> Tried stracing and got this:
>
> [pid 20418] sendto(6, "SIP/2.0 100 Giving a try\r\nCSeq: "..., 308, 0, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(5061), sin_addr=inet_addr("10.0.22.1")}, 16) = 308
> [pid 20418] write(2, "new branch at sip:100@10.0.22.30"..., 38new branch at sip:100@10.0.22.30:5062
> ) = 38
> [pid 20418] sendto(6, "INVITE sip:100@10.0.22.30:5062 S"..., 1297, 0, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(5062), sin_addr=inet_addr("10.0.22.30")}, 16) = -1 EPERM (Operation not permitted)
>

> What would be the cause? I have no firewall enabled.
> BTW, I use latest opensips_1_6 brach.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> P.Y. Adi Prasaja

www.voice-system.ro

Re: ERROR:core:udp_send: sendto(): Operation not permitted(1)

adi-6
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 12:22:50PM +0200, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>The blocking is generated from kernel level it is typically related to
>the send socket (the IP used to send the message from). maybe you have
>some iptables on the OUTPUT chain.

Thanks for responding. For sure there is no firewall rule on my
system. 'Unfortunately', the problem goes away (I do change opensips.cfg
several times). I'm a bit confuse with return code from sendto(), which
should not EPERM according to linux manpage.

Regards,

P.Y. Adi Prasaja

Re: ERROR:core:udp_send: sendto(): Operation not permitted(1)

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
well, the man page is not always complete. For sure I can say that EPERM
is returned by sendto() when you block the traffic with some iptables
rules on  outbound chain.

www.voice-system.ro

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:38:29PM +0200, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>well, the man page is not always complete. For sure I can say that EPERM
>is returned by sendto() when you block the traffic with some iptables
>rules on  outbound chain.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Regards,

P.Y. Adi Prasaja