Re: Maintenance of Modules

Cristhiano Rovani
>El Martes, 9 de Junio de 2009, Cristhiano Rovani escribió:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to understand the maintenance of modules of Opensips and
>> Kamailio.

>> The developer is same for two plataforms ?

>For some modules yes, for others no.

>> How are made updates ?

>Using "svn commit" :)

>> The modules are compatible between plataforms ?

>No. They can be easily" ported since both projects come from OpenSIPS not so
much time ago.

>> If I get one default module
>> (eg. lcr/carrierroute) of kamailio and put in opensips, this work ?

>Maybe... or not (nowadys most probably no).

>> Have one list of developer/mainteiner of each modules ?

>In the modules page of each projects, the author and mantainer of each module
appears on top of each module documentation.

Thank you !

But I dont understand the updates. I get information for module lcr in kamailio and opensips (devel version).
Maintener is same in both. In kamailio, version is 5084 and in opensips is 3898. The difference is big.
I see that the lcr core of kamailio is more updated. Why maintener not update opensips too ?
Or, very changes occurs for structure to kamailio compatible ?
If core of module is changed, why both plataforms not are updated ?

Re: Maintenance of Modules

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2009/6/10 Cristhiano Rovani <[hidden email]>:

> But I dont understand the updates. I get information for module lcr in
> kamailio and opensips (devel version).
> Maintener is same in both.

Not true. Original author of LCR module works now just for Kamailio.

> In kamailio, version is 5084 and in opensips is
> 3898. The difference is big.

This is just the SVN revision, no more. It depends on how many commits
are in each project.

> I see that the lcr core of kamailio is more updated. Why maintener not
> update opensips too ?

Because he is not the same.

> Or, very changes occurs for structure to kamailio compatible ?
> If core of module is changed, why both plataforms not are updated ?

Because they are *now* two *different* projects.

<[hidden email]>

Re: Maintenance of Modules

Jeff Pyle
Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] Maintenance of Modules Cristhiano,

The lcr module has been deprecated in favor of Opensips’ drouting module.  The recommendation is to use drouting for any new configurations.  Opensips 1.5 is the last version lcr will appear.

- Jeff

On 6/10/09 8:42 AM, "Cristhiano Rovani" <crsthn@...> wrote:

But I dont understand the updates. I get information for module lcr in kamailio and opensips (devel version).
Maintener is same in both. In kamailio, version is 5084 and in opensips is 3898. The difference is big.

I see that the lcr core of kamailio is more updated. Why maintener not update opensips too ?
Or, very changes occurs for structure to kamailio compatible ?
If core of module is changed, why both plataforms not are updated ?

Re: Maintenance of Modules

Cristhiano Rovani

>> The developer is same for two plataforms ?

>For some modules yes, for others no.

>> Have one list of developer/mainteiner of each modules ?

>In the modules page of each projects, the author and mantainer of each module
appears on top of each module documentation.

>> But I dont understand the updates. I get information for module lcr in
>> kamailio and opensips (devel version).
>> Maintener is same in both.

>Not true. Original author of LCR module works now just for Kamailio.
Ok,Iñaki.

So, documentation page is wrong and not appear current maintener ? How I know if maintener is works to one project or both ? And, if modules are deprecated or orphans ?

Re: Maintenance of Modules

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2009/6/10 Cristhiano Rovani <[hidden email]>:
> So, documentation page is wrong and not appear current maintener ? How I
> know if maintener is works to one project or both ? And, if modules are
> deprecated or orphans ?

Perhaps some modules documentation is not up to date.

Also, in modules index page you can see the state of each module:
  http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsModules15

<[hidden email]>

Re: Maintenance of Modules

Adrian Georgescu
My two cents for the page

callcontrol module is used for years in production environments, there are no known issues with it. It made it indeed recently to the trunk and 1.5 but it deserves at least beta if not stable status unless anyone has found any major bugs in it.

Adrian

On Jun 10, 2009, at 3:21 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

2009/6/10 Cristhiano Rovani <[hidden email]>:
So, documentation page is wrong and not appear current maintener ? How I
know if maintener is works to one project or both ? And, if modules are
deprecated or orphans ?

Perhaps some modules documentation is not up to date.

Also, in modules index page you can see the state of each module:
 http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsModules15

<[hidden email]>

Re: Maintenance of Modules

Hi Cristhiano,

To find out hows the maintainer of a specific module, see:
    http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development

But as Jeff said, in particular for LCR, this module is deprecated - see
http://www.opensips.org/Development/Dynamicrouting

PS: a new brazilian mailing list is available starting from today -
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users-br

Cristhiano Rovani wrote:

>     >/> The developer is same for two plataforms ? /
>     >For some modules yes, for others no.
>

>     >/> Have one list of developer/mainteiner of each modules ? /
>     >In the modules page of each projects, the author and mantainer of each module
>

>     appears on top of each module documentation.
>

> >>/ But I dont understand the updates. I get information for module lcr in
> />>/ kamailio and opensips (devel version).
>
> />>/ Maintener is same in both.
> /
> >Not true. Original author of LCR module works now just for Kamailio.
>
> Ok,*Iñaki.
>
> *So, documentation page is wrong and not appear current maintener ?
> How I know if maintener is works to one project or both ? And, if
> modules are deprecated or orphans ?

Re: Maintenance of Modules

Hi Adrian,

The page http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsModules15 is editable, so
if you create a web account (http://www.opensips.org/Login/Signup), you
can update stuff by yourself.

Anyhow, I update to "beta" the status of the call_control module.

Adrian Georgescu wrote:

> My two cents for the page
>
> callcontrol module is used for years in production environments, there
> are no known issues with it. It made it indeed recently to the trunk
> and 1.5 but it deserves at least beta if not stable status unless
> anyone has found any major bugs in it.
>
> Adrian
>
> On Jun 10, 2009, at 3:21 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
>
>> 2009/6/10 Cristhiano Rovani <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>> So, documentation page is wrong and not appear current maintener ? How I
>>> know if maintener is works to one project or both ? And, if modules are
>>> deprecated or orphans ?
>>
>> Perhaps some modules documentation is not up to date.
>>
>> Also, in modules index page you can see the state of each module:
>>  http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsModules15
>>

>> --
>> Iñaki Baz Castillo
>> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

Re: Maintenance of Modules

Adrian Georgescu
OK, done

2009/6/10 Cristhiano Rovani <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>:
So, documentation page is wrong and not appear current maintener ? How I
know if maintener is works to one project or both ? And, if modules are
deprecated or orphans ?

Perhaps some modules documentation is not up to date.

Also, in modules index page you can see the state of each module:
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsModules15

<[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>