Re: OpenSIPS Control Panel 8.2.4 was released

Re: OpenSIPS Control Panel 8.2.4 was released

John Quick
Hello Bogdan,

Thanks for releasing a new version of the Control Panel. There are some
great new features in this version that I want to try.

I have been testing OCP v8 on a CentOS 6 server. I'm finding quite a lot of
errors - it is possible some of these are associated with the operating
system or the version of PHP I am using. PHP is v 5.3.3

The most critical problem for me concerns administrator access: I am unable
to change the password for the admin user.
As a precaution, I created a new admin user with a different name and then
tried to revoke the key privileges of the original admin user, but this made
no difference until I edited the source code and changed the tool name
passed to the get_priv() function as detailed below.

Here are my full notes on the problems encountered so far and code
adjustments I have made:
In login.php: Warns me "It is not safe to rely on the systems timezone
settings. You are required to use date.timezone or
date_default_timezone_set() function".   As a work-around, I added calls to
date_default_timezone_set("Europe/London") in a couple of places to stop
these warnings being written.

Many of the tabs display a blank page. In the httpd log file; the httpd log
files shows errors about "unexpected [".  When I look up the file and line
number shown in the httpd log message, it's always a line that calls the
die() function to handle failure of an SQL request.
I found it was due to the use of "errorInfo()[2]".  If you remove the [2],
it doesn't give an error and the page is rendered too.

Used grep to find every case like this:
        # grep -rl "errorInfo()\[" .
        ./users/user_management/template/user_management.main.php
        ./users/acl_management/template/acl_management.main.php
        ./system/dialplan/template/dialplan.main.php
        ./system/dialplan/dialplan.php
        ./system/siptrace/template/tracer.main.php
        ./system/drouting/template/groups.main.php
        ./system/drouting/template/rules.main.php
        ./system/drouting/template/carriers.main.php
        ./system/drouting/template/gateways.main.php
        ./system/drouting/lib/carriers.test.inc.php
        ./system/drouting/lib/carriers.functions.inc.php
        ./system/tls_mgm/lib/data_loader.php
        ./system/loadbalancer/template/loadbalancer.main.php
        ./system/dispatcher/template/dispatcher.main.php
        ./system/dispatcher/template/dispatcher.form.php
        ./system/tviewer/lib/data_loader.php
        ./system/callcenter/lib/data_loader.php
        ./admin/list_admins/template/list_admins.main.php

Admin Access Control
I cannot find a way to change the admin password. It always accepts the
password of "opensips" even after resetting it in the Admin User editing
form and also deleting it from the field "password" in the
ocp_admin_privileges table. On further testing, I then found that none of
the changes I make to the admin user get saved to the DB - not just the
password, but also the first name and last name fields.

Access privileges were not working to restrict whether the logged-in user
could change their own (and other people's) admin privileges.
Found this was because the get_priv() function was being called with the
argument set to "list_admins" and that the arrays used to store access
privileges only have a key called "user_management" and do not have one for
"list_admins".  There are no lines of code to act as a "catch-all" in the
get_priv() function so if the tool name passed to the function does not
match any of the known tab names, then it fails to set the session variable
read_only. The absence of any value is then treated as "grant full access"
in the corresponding module so it is not very safe.
As a work-around, I edited web/tools/admin/list_admins/index.php and changed
the following line:
<< get_priv("list_admins");
>> get_priv("user_management");

John Quick
Smartvox Limited

zzz

Re: OpenSIPS Control Panel 8.2.4 was released

zzz
Hi Bogdan,
Thanks for all you do.
Ive tried the new release on debian8, it works great.
Would you please change "domaini" to "domain" in the file acl_management.php
https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips-cp/blob/8.2.4/web/tools/users/acl_management/acl_management.php
lines 156 and 169.
Thanks,
Yuriy

Re: OpenSIPS Control Panel 8.2.4 was released

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Yuriy,

Thanks for spotting that, I just pushed a fix:
https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips-cp/commit/9556483a80514509def862bd2c870f738adda29a

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
   http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/

On 11/05/2018 05:30 PM, zzz wrote:

> Hi Bogdan,
> Thanks for all you do.
> Ive tried the new release on debian8, it works great.
> Would you please change "domaini" to "domain" in the file acl_management.php
> https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips-cp/blob/8.2.4/web/tools/users/acl_management/acl_management.php
> lines 156 and 169.
> Thanks,
> Yuriy

Hi John,

Thanks for all your testing - this is something that we so most
appreciate ;).

To help us even more, could you please split the report (you have in the
email) as individual issues and create corresponding tickets on github:
         https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips-cp/issues

On 11/05/2018 04:59 PM, John Quick wrote:

> [...]
> Found this was because the get_priv() function was being called with the
> argument set to "list_admins" and that the arrays used to store access
> privileges only have a key called "user_management" and do not have one for
> "list_admins".  There are no lines of code to act as a "catch-all" in the
> get_priv() function so if the tool name passed to the function does not
> match any of the known tab names, then it fails to set the session variable
> read_only. The absence of any value is then treated as "grant full access"
> in the corresponding module so it is not very safe.
> As a work-around, I edited web/tools/admin/list_admins/index.php and changed
> the following line:
> << get_priv("list_admins");
>>> get_priv("user_management");
> John Quick
> Smartvox Limited

Re: OpenSIPS Control Panel 8.2.4 was released

Arto Kuiri
Hi,

I think there is still something at control panel's user management. You cannot create another admin user from UI. Even
if you select read-write permission to all modules for new user, it cannot access to Users (at top panel).  If you change manually
permissions field at database from "read-write, read-wri...." to "all" it will work.

I think there should be own permission settings for "Control Panel Users" ?

Best regards,
Arto Kuiri

Re: OpenSIPS Control Panel 8.2.4 was released

John Quick
Hi Bogdan,

Several issues previously mentioned were raised as issues. Thanks for the fixes so far.

I don't want to raise issues if it is just my testing at fault, so here are some new questions:
1. Should it be possible to edit a record in System>Domains?  When I click Edit, the page doesn’t change. I have read-write permission
2. How do you activate the TLS Management tab? I cannot see it
3. Why has support for MI using FIFO been dropped?  It seems you must use MI_JSON (which needs the HTTPD module)

John Quick
Smartvox Limited

Johan De Clercq
3. This I can confirm mi_json only.

Outlook voor iOS downloaden

Several issues previously mentioned were raised as issues. Thanks for the fixes so far.

I don't want to raise issues if it is just my testing at fault, so here are some new questions:
1. Should it be possible to edit a record in System>Domains? When I click Edit, the page doesn’t change. I have read-write permission
2. How do you activate the TLS Management tab? I cannot see it
3. Why has support for MI using FIFO been dropped? It seems you must use MI_JSON (which needs the HTTPD module)

John Quick
Smartvox Limited

HI John,

Thanks for the reports :)

1) I tried to reproduce, but no luck - When Edit button is clicked, the
value is loaded in the upper text area, so you change it. Do you use the
mighty "admin" user for this operation ? or an access user with custom
permissions ?

2) Indeed, there was missing entry for the tls_mgm module in the
modules.inc.php file, I fixed it in the git repo.

3) starting with 7.2.3 (las year), the mi_json became the only supported
MI backend in OCP - the reason is that mi_json is the only one to offer
a structured / encoded data output that can be easily and reliably
parsed by OCP.

Best Regards,

On 11/06/2018 07:14 PM, John Quick wrote:

> Hi Bogdan,
>
> Several issues previously mentioned were raised as issues. Thanks for the fixes so far.
>
> I don't want to raise issues if it is just my testing at fault, so here are some new questions:
> 1. Should it be possible to edit a record in System>Domains?  When I click Edit, the page doesn’t change. I have read-write permission
> 2. How do you activate the TLS Management tab? I cannot see it
> 3. Why has support for MI using FIFO been dropped?  It seems you must use MI_JSON (which needs the HTTPD module)
>
> John Quick
> Smartvox Limited

Hi Arto,

Indeed, there is an issue: a newly created access user can got receive
permissions to manage the access users. Basically only the initial
"admin" has the ability to create new access users.
We are working on a solution to this issue, thanks for the report.

On 11/06/2018 01:29 PM, Arto Kuiri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think there is still something at control panel's user management. You cannot create another admin user from UI. Even
> if you select read-write permission to all modules for new user, it cannot access to Users (at top panel).  If you change manually
> permissions field at database from "read-write, read-wri...." to "all" it will work.
>
> I think there should be own permission settings for "Control Panel Users" ?
>
> Best regards,
> Arto Kuiri

On item 1: Sorry, my mistake. I was looking for the page to change and did not notice that the domain name is loaded in the existing text box at the top.

John Quick
Smartvox Limited

Re: OpenSIPS Control Panel 8.2.4 was released

John Quick
In the CDR Viewer tab, the Call-ID is shown as a link, but the link is not working.
If I click this link, it displays a blank page. I think this used to take you to the SIP Trace page and display the data for the selected call.
Data for this call is available if I go directly to the SIP Trace tab and click on the Call Info button for the same call.

I've checked the settings in /config/tools/system/cdrviewer/local.inc.php and they look correct
However, I have not set up the suggested cron job yet. I assume it not relevant here.

John Quick
Smartvox Limited

Re: OpenSIPS Control Panel 8.2.4 was released

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi John,

So you have the siptrace tool enabled, right ? but the link is broken ?

On 11/07/2018 05:08 PM, John Quick wrote:

> In the CDR Viewer tab, the Call-ID is shown as a link, but the link is not working.
> If I click this link, it displays a blank page. I think this used to take you to the SIP Trace page and display the data for the selected call.
> Data for this call is available if I go directly to the SIP Trace tab and click on the Call Info button for the same call.
>
> I've checked the settings in /config/tools/system/cdrviewer/local.inc.php and they look correct
> However, I have not set up the suggested cron job yet. I assume it not relevant here.
>
> John Quick
> Smartvox Limited

Re: OpenSIPS Control Panel 8.2.4 was released

John Quick
Yes, the SIP Trace tab is enabled and can be used directly to view the requests/responses for a call.
The CDR Viewer tab is also enabled and it shows me the same call. However, if I click on the Sip Call ID for a given call, it acts as a link to a new blank page.
It does not open the SIP Trace view as I expected it to do.

This is the link URL. Perhaps "tracer=homer" is significant here - I'm not using Homer, just writing all data to MySQL tables:
http://abc.xyz.com:8080/cp/tools/system/cdrviewer/trace.php?tracer=homer&callid=39e32b7a-5d45-1237-beb7-52540058cb88

John Quick
Smartvox Limited
So you have the siptrace tool enabled, right ? but the link is broken ?

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
   http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/

On 11/07/2018 05:08 PM, John Quick wrote:

> In the CDR Viewer tab, the Call-ID is shown as a link, but the link is not working.
> If I click this link, it displays a blank page. I think this used to take you to the SIP Trace page and display the data for the selected call.
> Data for this call is available if I go directly to the SIP Trace tab and click on the Call Info button for the same call.
>
> I've checked the settings in
> /config/tools/system/cdrviewer/local.inc.php and they look correct However, I have not set up the suggested cron job yet. I assume it not relevant here.
>
> John Quick
> Smartvox Limited

Re: OpenSIPS Control Panel 8.2.4 was released

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi John,

I found a small typo that affected who the link was constructed . See
https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips-cp/commit/d50503123477f99b00795703614077b685ca4579

In order to link siptrace to cdrviewer, you need to (a) be sure homer
tool is disabled and (b) siptrace tool is enabled.

Let me know if this fix does the trick for you.