Re: [OpenSIPS-Devel] dialog module: dialog not cleaned up when BYE is sent

Re: [OpenSIPS-Devel] dialog module: dialog not cleaned up when BYE is sent

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Herman,

Thanks for the files you sent me. I found out that the problem was in
record_route_preset() - the function was simply ignoring whatever
parameter you were adding from script or from other modules. This is why
the  DIALOG module was not recognizing the sequential requests.

The fix is available on 1.5 - if you could give it another try and let
me know, it will be great.

Herman Bastiaens wrote:

> Hi Bogdan,
>
> xxxxx
>
> The problem only occurs:
> - if there is another server in the loop, if I test with a client
> that's registered to xxxxxx (instead of the demo server), the issue
> does not occur
> - if I record_route_preset instead of record_route. As you'll see,
> when I record_route_preset, there is no did present in the route
> header. I believe it should fall back to "default" dialog matching,
> but perhaps there's a problem with this mechanism?
>
> Hope we can sort this out. Thanks for your replies!
>
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>> Hi Herman,
>>
>> Sorry for the mixing :).
>>
>> Please get the logs (with debug=6) and the SIP trace (ngrep) for such
>> a call and sent them to me (you can send them off-list if larger than
>> 40K).
>>
>> I cannot make any assumption yet without first looking at the logs.
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Herman Bastiaens wrote:
>>> Bogdan,
>>>
>>> I didn't post the log on the forum, that was someone else. I just
>>> added my comment to the thread because it seemed like the same
>>> problem. I can get a log of the scenario tomorrow if that's helpful.
>>>
>>> Do you have any idea why the record_route_preset could by messing up
>>> this scenario?
>>> Do you have any idea what could explain the 5 second threshold?
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for your replies, hope we can sort this out.

Re: [OpenSIPS-Devel] dialog module: dialog not cleaned up when BYE is sent

Herman Bastiaens
Hi Bogdan,

the issue is resolved when using the DID for dialog matching, but if I use dlg_match_mode 2, the error still occurs. Is
there a problem with the matching of messages to dialogs if there is no DID present?

Best Regards,

Herman

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> Hi Herman,
>
> Thanks for the files you sent me. I found out that the problem was in
> record_route_preset() - the function was simply ignoring whatever
> parameter you were adding from script or from other modules. This is why
> the  DIALOG module was not recognizing the sequential requests.
>
> The fix is available on 1.5 - if you could give it another try and let
> me know, it will be great.
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Herman Bastiaens wrote:
>> Hi Bogdan,
>>
>> xxxxx
>>
>> The problem only occurs:
>> - if there is another server in the loop, if I test with a client
>> that's registered to xxxxxx (instead of the demo server), the issue
>> does not occur
>> - if I record_route_preset instead of record_route. As you'll see,
>> when I record_route_preset, there is no did present in the route
>> header. I believe it should fall back to "default" dialog matching,
>> but perhaps there's a problem with this mechanism?
>>
>> Hope we can sort this out. Thanks for your replies!
>>
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>>> Hi Herman,
>>>
>>> Sorry for the mixing :).
>>>
>>> Please get the logs (with debug=6) and the SIP trace (ngrep) for such
>>> a call and sent them to me (you can send them off-list if larger than
>>> 40K).
>>>
>>> I cannot make any assumption yet without first looking at the logs.
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Bogdan

Herman

Re: [OpenSIPS-Devel] dialog module: dialog not cleaned up when BYE is sent

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Herman,

yes, that is correct. When you use mode 2 (no did), for ACK and BYE, do
you get something like this in the logs: "no dialog callid=" ?

Herman Bastiaens wrote:

> Hi Bogdan,
>
> the issue is resolved when using the DID for dialog matching, but if I
> use dlg_match_mode 2, the error still occurs. Is there a problem with
> the matching of messages to dialogs if there is no DID present?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Herman
>
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>> Hi Herman,
>>
>> Thanks for the files you sent me. I found out that the problem was in
>> record_route_preset() - the function was simply ignoring whatever
>> parameter you were adding from script or from other modules. This is
>> why the  DIALOG module was not recognizing the sequential requests.
>>
>> The fix is available on 1.5 - if you could give it another try and
>> let me know, it will be great.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Herman Bastiaens wrote:
>>> Hi Bogdan,
>>>
>>> xxxxx
>>>
>>> The problem only occurs:
>>> - if there is another server in the loop, if I test with a client
>>> that's registered to xxxxxx (instead of the demo server), the issue
>>> does not occur
>>> - if I record_route_preset instead of record_route. As you'll see,
>>> when I record_route_preset, there is no did present in the route
>>> header. I believe it should fall back to "default" dialog matching,
>>> but perhaps there's a problem with this mechanism?
>>>
>>> Hope we can sort this out. Thanks for your replies!

Re: [OpenSIPS-Devel] dialog module: dialog not cleaned up when BYE is sent

Herman Bastiaens
Hi Bogdan,

yes, I see these messages in the log. You can also find them in the log I've sent you on monday (09-03). Because the DID
was not present (due to the record_route_preset bug), the matching mode falls back to matching based on SIP elements.

Best Regards,

Herman

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> Hi Herman,
>
> yes, that is correct. When you use mode 2 (no did), for ACK and BYE, do
> you get something like this in the logs: "no dialog callid=" ?
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Herman Bastiaens wrote:
>> Hi Bogdan,
>>
>> the issue is resolved when using the DID for dialog matching, but if I
>> use dlg_match_mode 2, the error still occurs. Is there a problem with
>> the matching of messages to dialogs if there is no DID present?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Herman
>>
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>>> Hi Herman,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the files you sent me. I found out that the problem was in
>>> record_route_preset() - the function was simply ignoring whatever
>>> parameter you were adding from script or from other modules. This is
>>> why the  DIALOG module was not recognizing the sequential requests.
>>>
>>> The fix is available on 1.5 - if you could give it another try and
>>> let me know, it will be great.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Bogdan

Herman

Re: [OpenSIPS-Devel] dialog module: dialog not cleaned up when BYE is sent

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Herman,

That means the SIP based matching fails....Let me work some logging to
see where the problem is.

Herman Bastiaens wrote:

> Hi Bogdan,
>
> yes, I see these messages in the log. You can also find them in the
> log I've sent you on monday (09-03). Because the DID was not present
> (due to the record_route_preset bug), the matching mode falls back to
> matching based on SIP elements.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Herman
>
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>> Hi Herman,
>>
>> yes, that is correct. When you use mode 2 (no did), for ACK and BYE,
>> do you get something like this in the logs: "no dialog callid=" ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Herman Bastiaens wrote:
>>> Hi Bogdan,
>>>
>>> the issue is resolved when using the DID for dialog matching, but if
>>> I use dlg_match_mode 2, the error still occurs. Is there a problem
>>> with the matching of messages to dialogs if there is no DID present?
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Herman

Re: [OpenSIPS-Devel] dialog module: dialog not cleaned up when BYE is sent

Hi Herman,

sorry for delay - please apply the attached patch and run again the call
- send me the debug log.

Thanks and regards,
Bogdan

Herman Bastiaens wrote:

> Hi Bogdan,
>
> yes, I see these messages in the log. You can also find them in the
> log I've sent you on monday (09-03). Because the DID was not present
> (due to the record_route_preset bug), the matching mode falls back to
> matching based on SIP elements.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Herman
>
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>> Hi Herman,
>>
>> yes, that is correct. When you use mode 2 (no did), for ACK and BYE,
>> do you get something like this in the logs: "no dialog callid=" ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Herman Bastiaens wrote:
>>> Hi Bogdan,
>>>
>>> the issue is resolved when using the DID for dialog matching, but if
>>> I use dlg_match_mode 2, the error still occurs. Is there a problem
>>> with the matching of messages to dialogs if there is no DID present?
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Herman

Index: modules/dialog/dlg_hash.c
--- modules/dialog/dlg_hash.c (revision 5441)
+++ modules/dialog/dlg_hash.c (working copy)
@@ -395,8 +395,17 @@

  dlg_lock( d_table, d_entry);

+ LM_DBG("input ci=<%.*s>(%d), tt=<%.*s>(%d), ft=<%.*s>(%d)\n",
+ callid->len,callid->s, callid->len,
+ ftag->len, ftag->s, ftag->len,
+ ttag->len, ttag->s, ttag->len);
+
  for( dlg = d_entry->first ; dlg ; dlg = dlg->next ) {
  /* Check callid / fromtag / totag */
+ LM_DBG("DLG: ci=<%.*s>(%d), tt=<%.*s>(%d), ft=<%.*s>(%d)\n",
+ dlg->callid.len,dlg->callid.s, dlg->callid.len,
+ dlg->tag[0].len,dlg->tag[0].s, dlg->tag[0].len,
+ dlg->tag[1].len,dlg->tag[1].s, dlg->tag[1].len);
  if (match_dialog( dlg, callid, ftag, ttag, dir)==1) {
  if (dlg->state==DLG_STATE_DELETED) {
  dlg_unlock( d_table, d_entry);

Re: [OpenSIPS-Devel] dialog module: dialog not cleaned up when BYE is sent

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Herman,

Found it and fixed it - I apply the fix on the SVN trunk - please revert
the last patch I sent and update from SVN trunk. It should work now.

I'm waiting for your confirmation and if everything ok, I will backport
the fix to 1.4 branch.

Many, many thanks for the support and help in troubleshooting this!!!

Herman Bastiaens wrote:

> Hi Bogdan,
>
> log is attached :-)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Herman
>
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>> OK, I have a new one - hopefully all the needed logs are there :)
>>
>> Please repeat the last procedure (the patch is against the pure SVN
>> version)
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Herman Bastiaens wrote:
>>> Hi Bogdan,
>>>
>>> please find patch2.txt attached.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Herman

Re: [OpenSIPS-Devel] dialog module: dialog not cleaned up when BYE is sent

Herman Bastiaens
Hi Bogdan,

I've just tested this (merged it on the 1.4.2) and the problem is fixed.

Thanks a lot for the support and the quick responses, we really appreciate it!

Best regards,

Herman

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> Hi Herman,
>
> Found it and fixed it - I apply the fix on the SVN trunk - please revert
> the last patch I sent and update from SVN trunk. It should work now.
>
> I'm waiting for your confirmation and if everything ok, I will backport
> the fix to 1.4 branch.
>

> Many, many thanks for the support and help in troubleshooting this!!!
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>

> Herman Bastiaens wrote:
>> Hi Bogdan,
>>
>> log is attached :-)
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Herman
>>
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>>> OK, I have a new one - hopefully all the needed logs are there :)
>>>
>>> Please repeat the last procedure (the patch is against the pure SVN
>>> version)
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Bogdan

Herman

Re: [OpenSIPS-Devel] dialog module: dialog not cleaned up when BYE is sent

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Super!!

I will do the backport to 1.4 branch.

Thanks and regards,