Re: Regarding the CANCEL request

doolin wu

I'm facing a CANCEL problem now. The problem can be described as "UAC canceled the INVITE but UAS still state ringing status"
The UAS is a desk phone connected to VoIP network by a VoIP gatway, the SIP server is OpenSIPS 1.5.

Based on the SIP singaling at UAC side, there scenarios to cause the problem:
1. Cancel before 407 Proxy Authentication Required
INVITE ->
100 ->
CANCEL->
200 for CANCEL ( from proxy server)<-
407 for INVITE <-
ACK ->
INVITE (with authorization) ->
180 <-

In this case, the INVITE with authorization caused the UAS rining.
My question is shall UAC send INVITE after receive 407 if the first INVITE is canceling?
2. Cancel after 407 Proxy Authentication Required.
INVITE ->
100 ->
407 <-
CANCEL->
400 for CANCEL <-
ACK ->
INVITE (with authorization) ->
180 <-
The reason caused UAS rining is same with case 1.
How to handle this scenario?
The cancel was treated as bad request due to the INVITE has generate final response 407.
Shall UAC send CANCEL again when receive 180?
--
Best Regards,
Steven Wu

--
Steven Wu
Teleca Mobile Solution

Re: Regarding the CANCEL request

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Steven,

Is the caller device doing retransmission for the INVITE (which has the
credentials) ?

www.voice-system.ro

Re: Regarding the CANCEL request

doolin wu
Hi Bogdan,

Yes, The caller device resend  the INVITE with credentials. It caused the callee rining.

Regards,
Steven

doolin wu wrote:

>     I'm facing a CANCEL problem now. The problem can be described as
>     "UAC canceled the INVITE but UAS still state ringing status"
>     The UAS is a desk phone connected to VoIP network by a VoIP
>     gatway, the SIP server is OpenSIPS 1.5.
>
>     Based on the SIP singaling at UAC side, there scenarios to cause
>     the problem:
>     *1. Cancel before 407 Proxy Authentication Required*
>     INVITE ->
>     100 ->
>     CANCEL->
>     200 for CANCEL ( from proxy server)<-
>     407 for INVITE <-
>     ACK ->
>     INVITE (with authorization) ->
>     180 <-
>
>     In this case, the INVITE with authorization caused the UAS rining.
>     My question is shall UAC send INVITE after receive 407 if the
>     first INVITE is canceling?
>     *2. Cancel after 407 Proxy Authentication Required.*
>     INVITE ->
>     100 ->
>     407 <-
>     CANCEL->
>     400 for CANCEL <-
>     ACK ->
>     INVITE (with authorization) ->
>     180 <-
>     The reason caused UAS rining is same with case 1.
>     How to handle this scenario?
>     The cancel was treated as bad request due to the INVITE has
>     generate final response 407.

>     Shall UAC send CANCEL again when receive 180?
>     --
>     Best Regards,
>     Steven Wu
>

> --
> Steven Wu
> Teleca Mobile Solution

www.voice-system.ro

Steven Wu
Teleca Mobile Solution

Re: Regarding the CANCEL request

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Steven,

The UAC is bogus IMO, as it makes no sense to send a CANCEL for an
INVITE which already received a final reply . In scenario 2), the 407
was received, so the INVITE transaction was terminate -> CANCEL makes no
sense there.

www.voice-system.ro