Re: [asterisk-users] OpenSIPS on CentOS

Marc Leurent
Hello Darrin,
Maybe you should ask this question on OpenSIPs mailing list.
I have build a rpm for CentOS 5.2 using and updated opensips.spec from svn

1) retrieve opensips.init and opensips.spec-4.4 from
https://opensips.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opensips/branches/1.4/packaging/rpm

2) retrieve http://www.opensips.org/pub/opensips/1.4.4/src/opensips-1.4.4-tls_src.tar.gz

3) put opensips.init and opensips-1.4.4-tls_src.tar.gz in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
4) put opensips.spec-4.4 in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
5) run rpmbuild -bb  opensips.spec-4.4 (and install missing build dependencies if necessary)

++

--
-- --
Marc LEURENT

DECKPOINT SA
Une société du groupe VTX Telecom

Re: [asterisk-users] OpenSIPS on CentOS

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Darrin, Hi Marc,

Darrin, with an OpenSIPS frontend you can do more things actually:
1) move the HA in OpenSIPS - it will be able to re-route if one of the
Asterisk boxs is down
2) do LB - you can use in parallel multiple Asterisk boxes and to
balance the traffic between
3) you can terminate TLS (from client) and convert to UDP to deliver to
Asterisk.

Marc, Darrin has a point here - if you want to give a quick try to
something, it is nice to be able to install it easily.

We already have an APT (for debian) repo up and running (still beta). We
could do the same for RPMs or, in the worst case, to generate the
packages for download.
Also, there are some RPMs (for suse) - see
http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.Downloads

Marc Leurent wrote:

> Hello Darrin,
> Maybe you should ask this question on OpenSIPs mailing list.
> I have build a rpm for CentOS 5.2 using and updated opensips.spec from svn
>
> 1) retrieve opensips.init and opensips.spec-4.4 from
> https://opensips.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opensips/branches/1.4/packaging/rpm
>
> 2) retrieve http://www.opensips.org/pub/opensips/1.4.4/src/opensips-1.4.4-tls_src.tar.gz
>
> 3) put opensips.init and opensips-1.4.4-tls_src.tar.gz in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
> 4) put opensips.spec-4.4 in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
> 5) run rpmbuild -bb  opensips.spec-4.4 (and install missing build dependencies if necessary)
>
> ++
>

> Le Friday 20 March 2009 15.19:07 Darrin Henshaw, vous avez écrit :
>
>> I’ve been looking into OpenSIPS to see if it’s a worthwhile addition to our setup. We’re currently running a cluster, using Heartbeat, between two servers. It works well but I’m interested in seeing if we can improve it. My manager heavily uses RPM’s for installations rather than source, particularly using yum to update. I’m trying to actually install OpenSips via that method. Does anyone have/know of where I can find an rpm aimed at EL4? And how I can nab libxml2, with the dependencies. I can get an RPM from for libxml2 from ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/, but the dependencies for it are causing me headaches. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Re: [asterisk-users] OpenSIPS on CentOS

Marc Leurent
Hello Bogdan,
I have set a small rpm repository for opensips 4.4 for CentOS (with el5) x86_64 (and later i386 32bits)
Simply visit http://centos.leurent.eu/ and read the README.txt

Maybe we could just do the same on the official OpenSIPs website?
++

Le Friday 20 March 2009 18.12:25 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu, vous avez écrit :

> Hi Darrin, Hi Marc,
>
> Darrin, with an OpenSIPS frontend you can do more things actually:
> 1) move the HA in OpenSIPS - it will be able to re-route if one of the
> Asterisk boxs is down
> 2) do LB - you can use in parallel multiple Asterisk boxes and to
> balance the traffic between
> 3) you can terminate TLS (from client) and convert to UDP to deliver to
> Asterisk.
>

> Marc, Darrin has a point here - if you want to give a quick try to
> something, it is nice to be able to install it easily.
>
> We already have an APT (for debian) repo up and running (still beta). We
> could do the same for RPMs or, in the worst case, to generate the
> packages for download.
> Also, there are some RPMs (for suse) - see
> http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.Downloads
>

> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Marc Leurent wrote:
> > Hello Darrin,
> > Maybe you should ask this question on OpenSIPs mailing list.
> > I have build a rpm for CentOS 5.2 using and updated opensips.spec from svn
> >
> > 1) retrieve opensips.init and opensips.spec-4.4 from
> > https://opensips.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opensips/branches/1.4/packaging/rpm
> >
> > 2) retrieve http://www.opensips.org/pub/opensips/1.4.4/src/opensips-1.4.4-tls_src.tar.gz
> >
> > 3) put opensips.init and opensips-1.4.4-tls_src.tar.gz in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
> > 4) put opensips.spec-4.4 in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
> > 5) run rpmbuild -bb  opensips.spec-4.4 (and install missing build dependencies if necessary)
> >
> > ++
> >

> > Le Friday 20 March 2009 15.19:07 Darrin Henshaw, vous avez écrit :
> >
> >> I’ve been looking into OpenSIPS to see if it’s a worthwhile addition to our setup. We’re currently running a cluster, using Heartbeat, between two servers. It works well but I’m interested in seeing if we can improve it. My manager heavily uses RPM’s for installations rather than source, particularly using yum to update. I’m trying to actually install OpenSips via that method. Does anyone have/know of where I can find an rpm aimed at EL4? And how I can nab libxml2, with the dependencies. I can get an RPM from for libxml2 from ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/, but the dependencies for it are causing me headaches. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

--
-- --
Marc LEURENT
Ingénieur VoIP

DECKPOINT SA
Une société du groupe VTX Telecom

Re: [asterisk-users] OpenSIPS on CentOS

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Marc, this is more than wonderful!

You can subscribe on the opensips.org web site and simply edit the
download section to and this repo.

If you have issues or if you want me to do it, just let me know.

Marc Leurent wrote:

> Hello Bogdan,
> I have set a small rpm repository for opensips 4.4 for CentOS (with el5) x86_64 (and later i386 32bits)
> Simply visit http://centos.leurent.eu/ and read the README.txt
>
> Maybe we could just do the same on the official OpenSIPs website?
> ++
>
> Le Friday 20 March 2009 18.12:25 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu, vous avez écrit :
>
>> Hi Darrin, Hi Marc,
>>
>> Darrin, with an OpenSIPS frontend you can do more things actually:
>> 1) move the HA in OpenSIPS - it will be able to re-route if one of the
>> Asterisk boxs is down
>> 2) do LB - you can use in parallel multiple Asterisk boxes and to
>> balance the traffic between
>> 3) you can terminate TLS (from client) and convert to UDP to deliver to
>> Asterisk.
>>

>> Marc, Darrin has a point here - if you want to give a quick try to
>> something, it is nice to be able to install it easily.
>>
>> We already have an APT (for debian) repo up and running (still beta). We
>> could do the same for RPMs or, in the worst case, to generate the
>> packages for download.
>> Also, there are some RPMs (for suse) - see
>> http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.Downloads
>>

>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Marc Leurent wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Darrin,
>>> Maybe you should ask this question on OpenSIPs mailing list.
>>> I have build a rpm for CentOS 5.2 using and updated opensips.spec from svn
>>>
>>> 1) retrieve opensips.init and opensips.spec-4.4 from
>>> https://opensips.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opensips/branches/1.4/packaging/rpm
>>>
>>> 2) retrieve http://www.opensips.org/pub/opensips/1.4.4/src/opensips-1.4.4-tls_src.tar.gz
>>>
>>> 3) put opensips.init and opensips-1.4.4-tls_src.tar.gz in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
>>> 4) put opensips.spec-4.4 in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
>>> 5) run rpmbuild -bb  opensips.spec-4.4 (and install missing build dependencies if necessary)
>>>
>>> ++

Re: [asterisk-users] OpenSIPS on CentOS

Darrin Henshaw
Thanks Marc and all. I've been looking at this and if Marc doesn't mind I'm going to see about rebuilding the RPM's for EL4. Again my manager has built our installations around EL4. Thanks.

Cheers,

Darrin Henshaw | IT Administrator | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCSE 2003 | LPIC
Ignition Support Center | www.ignition.bm
Bermuda (441) 496-4319 | Cayman (345) 947-4357 | Halifax (902) 482-1288
Atlanta | Bermuda | Cayman | Halifax

Marc Leurent wrote:

> Hello Bogdan,
> I have set a small rpm repository for opensips 4.4 for CentOS (with el5) x86_64 (and later i386 32bits)
> Simply visit http://centos.leurent.eu/ and read the README.txt
>
> Maybe we could just do the same on the official OpenSIPs website?
> ++
>
> Le Friday 20 March 2009 18.12:25 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu, vous avez écrit :
>
>> Hi Darrin, Hi Marc,
>>
>> Darrin, with an OpenSIPS frontend you can do more things actually:
>> 1) move the HA in OpenSIPS - it will be able to re-route if one of the
>> Asterisk boxs is down
>> 2) do LB - you can use in parallel multiple Asterisk boxes and to
>> balance the traffic between
>> 3) you can terminate TLS (from client) and convert to UDP to deliver to
>> Asterisk.
>>

>> Marc, Darrin has a point here - if you want to give a quick try to
>> something, it is nice to be able to install it easily.
>>
>> We already have an APT (for debian) repo up and running (still beta). We
>> could do the same for RPMs or, in the worst case, to generate the
>> packages for download.
>> Also, there are some RPMs (for suse) - see
>> http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.Downloads
>>

>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Marc Leurent wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Darrin,
>>> Maybe you should ask this question on OpenSIPs mailing list.
>>> I have build a rpm for CentOS 5.2 using and updated opensips.spec from svn
>>>
>>> 1) retrieve opensips.init and opensips.spec-4.4 from
>>> https://opensips.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opensips/branches/1.4/packaging/rpm
>>>
>>> 2) retrieve http://www.opensips.org/pub/opensips/1.4.4/src/opensips-1.4.4-tls_src.tar.gz
>>>
>>> 3) put opensips.init and opensips-1.4.4-tls_src.tar.gz in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
>>> 4) put opensips.spec-4.4 in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
>>> 5) run rpmbuild -bb  opensips.spec-4.4 (and install missing build dependencies if necessary)
>>>
>>> ++

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or parties' to whom it is addressed. All comments are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ignition.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.  Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.  Thanks for considering the environmental impact before printing this email.

Re: [asterisk-users] OpenSIPS on CentOS

Marc Leurent
Done, I have edited the http://opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.Downloads page to add the repository!
I will keep it updated with next OpenSIPs version for el5 on 32 and 64 bits platforms!
++

Le Friday 20 March 2009 19.27:41 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu, vous avez écrit :

> Marc, this is more than wonderful!
>
> You can subscribe on the opensips.org web site and simply edit the
> download section to and this repo.
>
> If you have issues or if you want me to do it, just let me know.
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Marc Leurent wrote:
> > Hello Bogdan,
> > I have set a small rpm repository for opensips 4.4 for CentOS (with el5) x86_64 (and later i386 32bits)
> > Simply visit http://centos.leurent.eu/ and read the README.txt
> >
> > Maybe we could just do the same on the official OpenSIPs website?
> > ++
> >
> > Le Friday 20 March 2009 18.12:25 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu, vous avez écrit :
> >
> >> Hi Darrin, Hi Marc,
> >>
> >> Darrin, with an OpenSIPS frontend you can do more things actually:
> >> 1) move the HA in OpenSIPS - it will be able to re-route if one of the
> >> Asterisk boxs is down
> >> 2) do LB - you can use in parallel multiple Asterisk boxes and to
> >> balance the traffic between
> >> 3) you can terminate TLS (from client) and convert to UDP to deliver to
> >> Asterisk.
> >>

> >> Marc, Darrin has a point here - if you want to give a quick try to
> >> something, it is nice to be able to install it easily.
> >>
> >> We already have an APT (for debian) repo up and running (still beta). We
> >> could do the same for RPMs or, in the worst case, to generate the
> >> packages for download.
> >> Also, there are some RPMs (for suse) - see
> >> http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.Downloads
> >>

> >> Regards,
> >> Bogdan

-- --
Marc LEURENT
Ingénieur VoIP

DECKPOINT SA
Une société du groupe VTX Telecom

Re: [asterisk-users] OpenSIPS on CentOS

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Marc,

thank you - I guess it will a busy day as today both 1.4.5 and 1.5.0
will be released :)

Marc Leurent wrote:

> Hello,
> Done, I have edited the http://opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.Downloads page to add the repository!
> I will keep it updated with next OpenSIPs version for el5 on 32 and 64 bits platforms!
> ++
>
> Le Friday 20 March 2009 19.27:41 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu, vous avez écrit :
>
>> Marc, this is more than wonderful!
>>
>> You can subscribe on the opensips.org web site and simply edit the
>> download section to and this repo.
>>
>> If you have issues or if you want me to do it, just let me know.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Marc Leurent wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Bogdan,
>>> I have set a small rpm repository for opensips 4.4 for CentOS (with el5) x86_64 (and later i386 32bits)
>>> Simply visit http://centos.leurent.eu/ and read the README.txt
>>>
>>> Maybe we could just do the same on the official OpenSIPs website?
>>> ++

Re: [asterisk-users] OpenSIPS on CentOS

Marc Leurent
OpenSIPs 1.4.5 for CentOS (el5-64 bits) is available at http://centos.leurent.eu
but include the patch 2706716 I have just uploaded because of compilation error!

Le Monday 23 March 2009 15.46:50 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu, vous avez écrit :

> Hi Marc,
>
> thank you - I guess it will a busy day as today both 1.4.5 and 1.5.0
> will be released :)
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Marc Leurent wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Done, I have edited the http://opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.Downloads page to add the repository!
> > I will keep it updated with next OpenSIPs version for el5 on 32 and 64 bits platforms!
> > ++
> >
> > Le Friday 20 March 2009 19.27:41 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu, vous avez écrit :
> >
> >> Marc, this is more than wonderful!
> >>
> >> You can subscribe on the opensips.org web site and simply edit the
> >> download section to and this repo.
> >>
> >> If you have issues or if you want me to do it, just let me know.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Bogdan

-- --
Marc LEURENT
Ingénieur VoIP

DECKPOINT SA
Une société du groupe VTX Telecom

Re: [asterisk-users] OpenSIPS on CentOS

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Thanks Marc,

1.5.0 major release is also available now :)

Marc Leurent wrote:

> OpenSIPs 1.4.5 for CentOS (el5-64 bits) is available at http://centos.leurent.eu
> but include the patch 2706716 I have just uploaded because of compilation error!
>
> Le Monday 23 March 2009 15.46:50 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu, vous avez écrit :
>
>> Hi Marc,
>>
>> thank you - I guess it will a busy day as today both 1.4.5 and 1.5.0
>> will be released :)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Marc Leurent wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Done, I have edited the http://opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.Downloads page to add the repository!
>>> I will keep it updated with next OpenSIPs version for el5 on 32 and 64 bits platforms!
>>> ++

[Done] OpenSIPS on CentOS

Marc Leurent
To finish the thread...