Re: convert UPDATE into re-INVITE

matrix
I need some solution to over come situation in which cpe is not supporting UPDATE. Something that I can manage from opensips.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM, M.D.Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I have some of cpe which are not supporting UPDATE sip message.
How can I convert UPDATE into re-INVITE from opensips?

Thanks.

Re: convert UPDATE into re-INVITE

Ali Pey
Can you elaborate more on what you are trying to do? Who is sending who an update and for what purpose?

You can't convert a message to another message. They are different nature, there is no such a thing and sip message converter.

Regards,
Ali Pey

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 4:36 AM, M.D.Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
I need some solution to over come situation in which cpe is not supporting UPDATE. Something that I can manage from opensips.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM, M.D.Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I have some of cpe which are not supporting UPDATE sip message.
How can I convert UPDATE into re-INVITE from opensips?

Thanks.

Re: convert UPDATE into re-INVITE

matrix
We have opensips as a voip switch.
We are getting UPDATE sip message but some of our cpe is not supporting the UPDATE.
Is there any way that we can handle UPDATE from opensips itself without passing it to cpe?

Re: convert UPDATE into re-INVITE

Ali Pey
Who is sending you the Update sip messages and for what purpose?

If it is for pinging, you can simply drop the update messages in opensips and ping your cpe (and I don't know what you mean by cpe) by other means if you need to.

The solution is not how to convert an Update message to Invite. You need to look for ways to provide the same functionality and design with different means and modules in opensips.

Regards,
Ali Pey