Recommended Radius client/server for AAA on 2.4.x under Debian 9

Recommended Radius client/server for AAA on 2.4.x under Debian 9

Jeff Wilkie
Attempting to find current docs since radiusclient-ng is referenced in several old docs but is no longer available.  Currently, what is the recommending radius packages to use for accounting purposes on opensips for CDRs and ACC?

Thanks
Jeff

Re: Recommended Radius client/server for AAA on 2.4.x under Debian 9

qasimakhan@gmail.com
You can use latest version of freeradius it has both client and server.

Regards,
Qasim

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 8:27 AM, Jeff Wilkie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Attempting to find current docs since radiusclient-ng is referenced in several old docs but is no longer available.  Currently, what is the recommending radius packages to use for accounting purposes on opensips for CDRs and ACC?

Thanks
Jeff

Re: Recommended Radius client/server for AAA on 2.4.x under Debian 9

Răzvan Crainea-2
radcli is the library we're using in our latest packages.

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 11/6/19 5:48 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> You can use latest version of freeradius it has both client and server.
>
> Regards,
> Qasim
>
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 8:27 AM, Jeff Wilkie <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Attempting to find current docs since radiusclient-ng is referenced
>     in several old docs but is no longer available.  Currently, what is
>     the recommending radius packages to use for accounting purposes on
>     opensips for CDRs and ACC?
>
>     Thanks
>     Jeff

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer

Re: Recommended Radius client/server for AAA on 2.4.x under Debian 9

Jeff Wilkie
Any build and config docs to support radcli installation with opensips 2.4 and 3.x by chance?

Thanks
Jeff

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 4:56 AM Răzvan Crainea <[hidden email]> wrote:
radcli is the library we're using in our latest packages.

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 11/6/19 5:48 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> You can use latest version of freeradius it has both client and server.
>
> Regards,
> Qasim
>
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 8:27 AM, Jeff Wilkie <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Attempting to find current docs since radiusclient-ng is referenced
>     in several old docs but is no longer available.  Currently, what is
>     the recommending radius packages to use for accounting purposes on
>     opensips for CDRs and ACC?
>
>     Thanks
>     Jeff

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer

Re: Recommended Radius client/server for AAA on 2.4.x under Debian 9

Răzvan Crainea-2
Unfortunately I don't have such config file, but radcli seems quite
similar to radiusclient-ng. So just change the paths of the config file
and it should work.

Best regards,
Răzvan

Răzvan Crainea