Regarding Presentity's presence information to watcher

Regarding Presentity's presence information to watcher

Ranganath B
Hi,

I am new to OpenSIPS and have installed OpenSIPS 1.4.1 version on an Ubuntu machine with Mysql database support. I have also installed OpenXCAP server for all the XCAP related operations. I am currently facing an issue with Opensips server where it does not send the presentity's presence information to the watcher. The opensips.cfg file is attached for your reference.

Scenario:

1) User-1 is a presentity and has sent PUBLISH request with XML document updating his presence information to "Available".
2) User-2 has added User-1 in its default RLS list and sends SUBSCRIBE to the RLS list to watch User-1's presence information.
3) We observe that User-2 gets 200OK for SUBSCRIBE and then NOTIFY (without the presence information of User-1).

Please help me in resolving this issue wherein OpenSIPS sends User-1's presence information to User-2 who has SUBSCRIBEd to the RLS containing User-1

Thanks and Regards,
Ranga

opensips-presence-rls.cfg (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Regarding Presentity's presence information to watcher

Anca Vamanu-2
Hello Ranganath,

The rls module has gone through a lot of changes and bug fixing in
October last year. Therefore I would recommend you to upgrade to a newer
version - at least 1.4.3.
I have taken a look in you configuration file and it seems ok.

If you still have troubles after upgrading here are some hints how to
trace your problem:
- check whether the OpenXCAP server is doing his job - look in xcap
table for a record of the rls-services document with your list. Beware
that OpenSIPS does not currently support resource-list documents
referenced from rls-services document. The list must be defined in the
rls-services document.
- check in your trace the debug messages when a Subscribe for rls is
beeing processed. The rls-services document if found in database is
printed as debug information.

If you don't see this come back with more details about your problem.
I have noticed that you are testing with Eyebeam. Does the new version
contain support for RLS? I know that they had it in an older version but
then  took it out.

regards,
Anca

Ranganath B wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to OpenSIPS and have installed OpenSIPS 1.4.1 version on an
> Ubuntu machine with Mysql database support. I have also installed
> OpenXCAP server for all the XCAP related operations. I am currently
> facing an issue with Opensips server where it does not send the
> presentity's presence information to the watcher. The opensips.cfg
> file is attached for your reference.
>
> Scenario:
>
> 1) User-1 is a presentity and has sent PUBLISH request with XML
> document updating his presence information to "Available".
> 2) User-2 has added User-1 in its default RLS list and sends SUBSCRIBE
> to the RLS list to watch User-1's presence information.
> 3) We observe that User-2 gets 200OK for SUBSCRIBE and then NOTIFY
> (without the presence information of User-1).
>
> Please help me in resolving this issue wherein OpenSIPS sends User-1's
> presence information to User-2 who has SUBSCRIBEd to the RLS
> containing User-1
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Ranga

Re: Regarding Presentity's presence information to watcher

Ranganath B
Hi Anca,

Thanks a lot for the support, I shall upgrade my OpenSIPS to 1.4.3 and then verify the same.

As far as OpenXCAP server is concerned I have checked the table "xcap" in "opensips" database after every operation that was done from XCAP client and found that its getting updated correctly. I shall also check that the document I am sending belongs to rls-services.

I am not using Eyebeam client, I am using OpenXCAP client for all XCAP operations and SIPP scripts to test RLS feature for better understanding.

Thanks and Regards,
Ranganath

Ranganath B wrote:

> Hi Anca,
>
> Thanks a lot for the support, I shall upgrade my OpenSIPS to 1.4.3 and
> then verify the same.
>
> As far as OpenXCAP server is concerned I have checked the table "xcap"
> in "opensips" database after every operation that was done from XCAP
> client and found that its getting updated correctly. I shall also
> check that the document I am sending belongs to rls-services.
>
> I am not using Eyebeam client, I am using OpenXCAP client for all XCAP
> operations and SIPP scripts to test RLS feature for better understanding.

You had in your configuration file the check -    if($hdr("User-Agent")
=~"Eyebeam") before calling rls_handle_subscribe. Do you insert this
header with sipp? Are you sure the rls SUBSCRIBE goes through there?
Please check this also.

regards,
Anca

> Thanks and Regards,
> Ranganath
>
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Anca Vamanu <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hello Ranganath,
>
>     The rls module has gone through a lot of changes and bug fixing in
>     October last year. Therefore I would recommend you to upgrade to a
>     newer version - at least 1.4.3.
>     I have taken a look in you configuration file and it seems ok.
>
>     If you still have troubles after upgrading here are some hints how
>     to trace your problem:
>     - check whether the OpenXCAP server is doing his job - look in
>     xcap table for a record of the rls-services document with your
>     list. Beware that OpenSIPS does not currently support
>     resource-list documents referenced from rls-services document. The
>     list must be defined in the rls-services document.
>     - check in your trace the debug messages when a Subscribe for rls
>     is beeing processed. The rls-services document if found in
>     database is printed as debug information.
>
>     If you don't see this come back with more details about your problem.
>     I have noticed that you are testing with Eyebeam. Does the new
>     version contain support for RLS? I know that they had it in an
>     older version but then  took it out.
>
>     regards,
>     Anca
>

>     Ranganath B wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         I am new to OpenSIPS and have installed OpenSIPS 1.4.1 version
>         on an Ubuntu machine with Mysql database support. I have also
>         installed OpenXCAP server for all the XCAP related operations.
>         I am currently facing an issue with Opensips server where it
>         does not send the presentity's presence information to the
>         watcher. The opensips.cfg file is attached for your reference.
>
>         Scenario:
>
>         1) User-1 is a presentity and has sent PUBLISH request with
>         XML document updating his presence information to "Available".
>         2) User-2 has added User-1 in its default RLS list and sends
>         SUBSCRIBE to the RLS list to watch User-1's presence information.
>         3) We observe that User-2 gets 200OK for SUBSCRIBE and then
>         NOTIFY (without the presence information of User-1).
>
>         Please help me in resolving this issue wherein OpenSIPS sends
>         User-1's presence information to User-2 who has SUBSCRIBEd to
>         the RLS containing User-1
>
>         Thanks and Regards,
>         Ranga

Re: Regarding Presentity's presence information to watcher

Ranganath B
Hi Anca,

I had just copied the entire opensips.cfg file from the sample file provided in opensips.org website documentation column. Currently I am not inserting this "User-Agent" header field let me comment this part in opensips.cfg and then try again. Thanks for observing the same in the cfg file, will edit the same appropriately before trying.

Regards,
Ranganath