Register aliasing

Romanov Vladimir

Hi!

We want implement next scheme.

From user side:

1)      Every user has two usernames – login & billingid. Passwords are same for both.

2)      User can login using  both names. Just for sample user can login form PC using one name and from mobile device using other name. All user registration must be same.

3)      Other users can call this user using both names.

For 3) we can use alias_db module. For 1) & 2) we can do some aliasing in register messages. And convert all registration to one form (billing id for sample). For this purpose we must write simple module.

Maybe there exist better solution?

-----------------

Vladimir Romanov

Scartel Star Lab

CTO

+7 (960) 239-0853

Re: Register aliasing

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Sábado, 14 de Marzo de 2009, Romanov Vladimir escribió:

> Hi!
> We want implement next scheme.
> From user side:
>
> 1)      Every user has two usernames - login & billingid. Passwords are
> same for both.
>
> 2)      User can login using  both names. Just for sample user can login
> form PC using one name and from mobile device using other name. All user
> registration must be same.
>
> 3)      Other users can call this user using both names.
>
> For 3) we can use alias_db module. For 1) & 2) we can do some aliasing in
> register messages. And convert all registration to one form (billing id for
> sample). For this purpose we must write simple module.
>
> Maybe there exist better solution?

Why not using a single username with maximun two registrations per AoR
(parameter in registrar module)?

Re: Register aliasing

Romanov Vladimir
We don't limit registration count.. User can register 1,2,3.. times. For sample 2 registration using billing id and 2 using alias.

-----------------
Vladimir Romanov
Scartel Star Lab
CTO
+7 (960) 239-0853

El Sábado, 14 de Marzo de 2009, Romanov Vladimir escribió:

> Hi!
> We want implement next scheme.
> From user side:
>
> 1)      Every user has two usernames - login & billingid. Passwords are
> same for both.
>
> 2)      User can login using  both names. Just for sample user can login
> form PC using one name and from mobile device using other name. All user
> registration must be same.
>
> 3)      Other users can call this user using both names.
>
> For 3) we can use alias_db module. For 1) & 2) we can do some aliasing in
> register messages. And convert all registration to one form (billing id for
> sample). For this purpose we must write simple module.
>
> Maybe there exist better solution?

Why not using a single username with maximun two registrations per AoR
(parameter in registrar module)?

Re: Register aliasing

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Sábado, 14 de Marzo de 2009, Romanov Vladimir escribió:
> We don't limit registration count.. User can register 1,2,3.. times. For
> sample 2 registration using billing id and 2 using alias.

Than I can't understand why you need two different names for each user. IMHO
it makes no sense, you want to use two different SIP accounts as if they are
the same.

Re: Register aliasing

Hi Romanov,

Romanov Vladimir wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We want implement next scheme.
>
> From user side:
>
> 1) Every user has two usernames – login & billingid. Passwords are
> same for both.
>
> 2) User can login using both names. Just for sample user can login
> form PC using one name and from mobile device using other name. All
> user registration must be same.
>
> 3) Other users can call this user using both names.
>
> For 3) we can use alias_db module. For 1) & 2) we can do some aliasing
> in register messages. And convert all registration to one form
> (billing id for sample). For this purpose we must write simple module.

During registration, you can force a different AOR (than the one from
SIP message - TO hdr) for saving the contact:
in 1.5.x :
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.5.x/registrar.html#id271106
in 1.4.x:
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/registrar.html#id228309