Register to Cisco call manager on behalf of clients

Register to Cisco call manager on behalf of clients

Chen-Che Huang
Dear all,

We are attempting to use to OpenSIPS to connect to Cisco unified call manager (abbreviated as CUCM).  The architecture looks like ``clients <-> OpenSIPS outbound proxy <-> CUCM''
Clients register and make calls to CUCM via OpenSIPS outbound proxy. Due to the limitation of CUCM, for each client, the OpenSIPS outbound proxy needs to use a separate port to register to CUCM (CUCM does not allow different clients to register using the same IP:port).

To address this issue, we would like to modify the source code of OpenSIPS (we know the license issue and will release the modified code if we accomplish it). The idea of modification is that we would create processes inside OpenSIPS and write some APIs to interact with the main processes. For example, when the main process finished handling a request, it will use the API to make the request be sent to the CUCM by our created process; when receiving the response from CUCM, our created process to use the API to delegate the main process to handle the response.

In short, we hope that our created processes won't affect the operations of the main process while achieving our goal. I am seeking any comments on this issue. Any response is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Chen-Che

Re: Register to Cisco call manager on behalf of clients

Adrian Georgescu
If you get rid of CUCM, your life would be much much easier.

Adrian

> On 25 Feb 2016, at 05:11, Chen-Che Huang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> We are attempting to use to OpenSIPS to connect to Cisco unified call
> manager (abbreviated as CUCM).  The architecture looks like ``clients <->
> OpenSIPS outbound proxy <-> CUCM''
> Clients register and make calls to CUCM via OpenSIPS outbound proxy. Due to
> the limitation of CUCM, for each client, the OpenSIPS outbound proxy needs
> to use a separate port to register to CUCM (CUCM does not allow different
> clients to register using the same IP:port).
>
> To address this issue, we would like to modify the source code of OpenSIPS
> (we know the license issue and will release the modified code if we
> accomplish it). The idea of modification is that we would create processes
> inside OpenSIPS and write some APIs to interact with the main processes. For
> example, when the main process finished handling a request, it will use the
> API to make the request be sent to the CUCM by our created process; when
> receiving the response from CUCM, our created process to use the API to
> delegate the main process to handle the response.
>
> In short, we hope that our created processes won't affect the operations of
> the main process while achieving our goal. I am seeking any comments on this
> issue. Any response is greatly appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Chen-Che

Re: Register to Cisco call manager on behalf of clients

SamyGo

Hi,
I am wondering that even if you accomplish it one way or another wouldn't you be limited by the number of ports a system can handle per OpenSIPS box ?

Regards,
Sammy