Remote Party ID

Matti Zemack

Hi all,

I’m now looking at options to get away from using the phone no. as identifier for the ATA devices. So that the customers may change phone no without us reconfiguring their ATA device.

For incoming calls (PSTN GW -> Asterisk -> Opensips) I suppose “aliases” table and “alias_db.so” is used for this. Or is there some other module I should look at?

But, for outgoing calls, how is the easiest way of getting the correct callerID in place. In the Subscriber table I saw a column named RPID? Might this be the correct place. And from which module is it used? Might I even ask for cfg snippets lying around?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Matti Zemack, Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Remote Party ID

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2009/6/1 Matti Zemack <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
> But, for outgoing calls, how is the easiest way of getting the correct
> callerID in place. In the Subscriber table I saw a column named RPID? Might
> this be the correct place. And from which module is it used? Might I even
> ask for cfg snippets lying around?

Load the "subscriber" table "rpid" field into an AVP
("extra-credendials" parameter in "auth-db" module) and use it (after
user authentication) to add a header (I recommend adding
P-Asserted-Identity isntead of Remote-Party-Id since the first one is
a real standard).

<[hidden email]>

Re: Remote Party ID

Hi Matti,

Depends on the destination point. If it is a GW, you may simple solve
the problem by pushing the new identity in RPID or PAI header. If the
destination is normal phone (with no RPID/PAI support), you need to
change the FROM header using the UAC module (uac_replace_from function).