Restricting CallerID

Andrew Yager
Hi,

We have a number of customers which have large indial ranges we route
to them via the alias/location module.

We would like to restrict their outbound callerid to be a number in
their range, but keep this moderately administrable (i.e. database
based).

Running Opensips 1.4 how might we go about this?

I think I would like to reject calls with invalid outbound caller id,
but otherwise I could just rewrite it to be blank.

Andrew

--
Andrew Yager, Managing Director   (MACS BCompSc MCP)
Real World Technology Solutions Pty Ltd  - your IT department

Re: Restricting CallerID

Alex Balashov
I suggest setting an "rpid" credential for these users in the subscriber
table.  This can be applied when the outbound call from the user is
proxy-challenged.

Andrew Yager wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a number of customers which have large indial ranges we route
> to them via the alias/location module.
>
> We would like to restrict their outbound callerid to be a number in
> their range, but keep this moderately administrable (i.e. database
> based).
>
> Running Opensips 1.4 how might we go about this?
>
> I think I would like to reject calls with invalid outbound caller id,
> but otherwise I could just rewrite it to be blank.
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> Andrew Yager, Managing Director   (MACS BCompSc MCP)
> Real World Technology Solutions Pty Ltd  - your IT department
> ph: 1300 798 718 or (02) 9037 0500
> fax: (02) 9037 0591 mob: 0405 152 568
> http://www.rwts.com.au/ or http://www.stonebridgecomputing.com.au/

Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (678) 237-1775

Re: Restricting CallerID

Andrew Yager
On 09/03/2009, at 4:39 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:

> I suggest setting an "rpid" credential for these users in the
> subscriber table.  This can be applied when the outbound call from
> the user is proxy-challenged.

Thanks. The reason why I don't like this solution is that (I think) it
will restrict them to a single outbound callerid, where we would like
them to be able to set any in their range.

Am I wrong in my assumption?

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Yager wrote:

> On 09/03/2009, at 4:39 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
>
>> I suggest setting an "rpid" credential for these users in the
>> subscriber table.  This can be applied when the outbound call from the
>> user is proxy-challenged.
>
> Thanks. The reason why I don't like this solution is that (I think) it
> will restrict them to a single outbound callerid, where we would like
> them to be able to set any in their range.
>
> Am I wrong in my assumption?

No, you are correct.  If that's the case, you're just going to have to
put in some logic to evaluate whether the caller ID they have chosen
(the RPID, or the From URI user part depending on how they're sending it
to you) falls within one of their ranges.

In order to avoid making a mess of the OpenSIPS script, I suggest a
database stored procedure. :-)

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (678) 237-1775

Re: Restricting CallerID

Chamo-2
Hello Alex,

I have exactly same problem, but have no idea how to do that with "rpid"
credential.
Could you please send any example configuration?

thanks a lot

--
"I'll carry your books, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over,
carry forward, Cary Grant, cash & carry, Carry Me Back To Old Virginia,

Re: Restricting CallerID

Brett Nemeroff
This may be a good use for the new memcached functions. :)  ie:
perform a cache lookup, if it fails, perform an avp_db_query and store
to cache.

-Brett