RtpRroxy sturtup (init.d) script for redhat

RtpRroxy sturtup (init.d) script for redhat

Romanov Vladimir

Hi!

Mybe this is usefull for someone.

This script detect CPU core count and start multiple copies of RtpProxy (one instance per core). Also this script divide port range between rtpproxy instances. I also have idea to automatically modify table in MySQL with list of running proxies

-----------------

Vladimir Romanov

Scartel Star Lab

CTO

+7 (960) 239-0853

ncores (1K) Download Attachment
rtpproxy (2K) Download Attachment

Re: RtpRroxy sturtup (init.d) script for redhat

Peter Lemenkov-3
Hello!

2009/4/6 Romanov Vladimir <[hidden email]>:
> Hi!
>
> Mybe this is usefull for someone.

Seems very interesting! I'll review it and will try to add this
functionality to Fedora/EPEL.

> This script detect CPU core count and start multiple copies of RtpProxy (one
> instance per core). Also this script divide port range between rtpproxy
> instances. I also have idea to automatically modify table in MySQL with list
> of running proxies

Re: RtpRroxy sturtup (init.d) script for redhat

Hi Vladimir,

really nice, indeed - I did this manually all the time :)

Maybe Maxim can integrate this directly in the RTPproxy project....

Romanov Vladimir wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Mybe this is usefull for someone.
>
> This script detect CPU core count and start multiple copies of
> RtpProxy (one instance per core). Also this script divide port range
> between rtpproxy instances. I also have idea to automatically modify
> table in MySQL with list of running proxies
>
> -----------------
>
> Vladimir Romanov
>
> Scartel Star Lab
>
> CTO
>
> +7 (960) 239-0853

Re: RtpRroxy sturtup (init.d) script for redhat

Maxim Sobolev
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Vladimir,
>
> really nice, indeed - I did this manually all the time :)
>
> Maybe Maxim can integrate this directly in the RTPproxy project....

Yes, I will do it.

In fact we plan moving towards multi-threading design in the next
release, which should make utilizing multi-core chips much easier.

Maksym Sobolyev
Sippy Software, Inc.
Internet Telephony (VoIP) Experts
T/F: +1-646-651-1110
Web: http://www.sippysoft.com
MSN: [hidden email]
Skype: SippySoft

Re: RtpRroxy sturtup (init.d) script for redhat

Romanov Vladimir
Hi!
Could you please add command line option to change syslog FACILITY? Now I simply modify this in source and recompile.

-----------------
Vladimir Romanov
Scartel Star Lab
CTO
+7 (960) 239-0853

Romanov Vladimir wrote:
> Hi!
> Could you please add command line option to change syslog FACILITY? Now I simply modify this in source and recompile.

Vladimir,

Can you please send a patch?

Thanks!