Rtpproxy behind the NAT

Indiver
Hello Every one,

My network setup is one to one nating of public and private ip. I want to run rtpproxy behind the NAT  with in the local IP,but in vain. can't create listener error appears when i run rtpproxy on local ip. Can we run rtpproxy behind the NAT with local IP. If possible can any one specify the method.

Regards,
Indiver.

Re: Rtpproxy behind the NAT

Daniel Goepp-2
We created a fix for this (see attached), this adds a -A parameter which you can set to your public IP.  For example:

rtpproxy -A <public_ip> -l <private_ip> -s udp:localhost:12221 -L 8192 -m 25000 -M 34999 -F -d INFO LOG_LOCAL0

Using this, and a number of changes to the opensips config to advertise the public address, rewrite contacts and sdps has our boxes running fine behind NAT.

-dg

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Indiver <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Every one,

My network setup is one to one nating of public and private ip. I want to
run rtpproxy behind the NAT  with in the local IP,but in vain. can't create
listener error appears when i run rtpproxy on local ip. Can we run rtpproxy
behind the NAT with local IP. If possible can any one specify the method.

Regards,
Indiver.

rtpproxy_nat_address_fix.txt (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Rtpproxy behind the NAT

Indiver
Thanks for your response Daniel. I included the patch and it's started working !. Now i'm testing the rtpproxy with different scenarios. Both clients outside NAT , behind the NAT etc. I included recording option also,but the concern part about the rtpproxy is that after every call we have to manually convert recorded RTP files in to single wave file using rtpbreak and sox software. Does there any of chance of direct wav file creation when recording option enabled with out doing all this stuff.

Regards,
Nehru.

roy

Re: Rtpproxy behind the NAT

roy
I am trying to get the NAT client working but failed. Applied the patch to the RTPProxy.
But still I do not get the voice path established.

My NAT client's public IP is 112.135.249.52
But I see the local IP 192.168.1.56 of client goes as

 ACC: transaction answered: timestamp=1352243520;method=INVITE;from_tag=8bc10cf19266886co1;to_tag=2704034946;call_id=5116715-c0e35498@192.168.1.56;code=200;reason=OK;src_user=1002;src_domain=50.62.131.23;src_ip=112.135.249.52;dst_ouser=1003;dst_user=1003;dst_domain=112.135.249.52

Please advice me on this.
Best Regards,
Roy.