Rtpproxy connection

12

Re: Rtpproxy connection

Spady#7
Hi all, i am still stuck on this problem and I don't really know how to solve it.
Is there somebody that can help me understand what's wrong?

Re: Rtpproxy connection

Nick Altmann
rtpproxy has bug and can crash if you don't enable timeout sockets.
Try to enable it by adding -n [proto]:ip:port switch.

--
Nick

2012/10/30 spady <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all, i am still stuck on this problem and I don't really know how to solve
> it.
> Is there somebody that can help me understand what's wrong?

Re: Rtpproxy connection

Spady#7
This post was updated on .
Hi Nick, by reading http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.8.x/rtpproxy.html
i saw that bug you mentioned is related to an old version of rtpproxy. In the last one ( i suppose should be version 1.2.1 ) that bug was resolved.
Isn't it???

Re: Rtpproxy connection

Nick Altmann
You should enable timeout sockets in opensips:
modparam("rtpproxy", "rtpp_notify_socket", "tcp:192.168.0.1:22222")

I start rtpproxy like this:
/usr/bin/rtpproxy -p /var/run/rtpproxy.pid -f -s udp:192.168.0.1:22222
-n tcp:192.168.0.1:22222 -i -t 0xB8 -r /var/spool/rtpproxy -r
/var/spool/rtpproxy/recorded -u rtpproxy rtpproxy -m 1024 -M 65535 -d
DBUG

Without notify sockets my rtpproxy crashes.

--
Nick

2012/10/31 spady <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Nick, you mean something like this?
>
> rtpproxy -F -s udp:127.0.0.1:10177 -l 10.9.23.41/151.x.x.201 -u root *-n
> unix:/var/run/rtpproxy_timeout.sock* -d DBUG:LOG_LOCAL2
>
> The rtpproxy man page ( http://linux.die.net/man/8/rtpproxy ) says
> following:
>
> *-n timeout_socket
> This parameter configures the optional timeout notification socket. The
> socket should be created by another application, preferably before starting
> rtpproxy. For those sessions where the timeout mechanism is enabled,
> notifications are sent on this socket if the session times out.
> Example: -n unix:/var/run/rtpproxy_timeout.sock
>
> There is no default value, notifications are not sent and not permitted
> unless a value is specified explicitly.*
>
> The socket should be created by another application. How can I create it? by
> what?
>
> Thanks

Re: Rtpproxy connection

Spady#7
Hi Nick, you SOLVED my issue!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much.
So, seems rtpproxy's bug is not resolved yet!!

Hope this long treat can help someone else.

regards
12