SDP and ptime, maxptime removal

Stefan Carlsson
Hi !

We have a serious issue that force us to remove all codecs except PCMA.   We use: codec_delete_except_re("PCMA");      from the sipmsgops module
but the function doesn’t removes the associated ptime, maxptime.   How can we also remove this, any ideas or is it a bug in the sipmsgops  module?

We use version  2.2.6   on a Centos machine.

Kind Regards

Stefan

Re: SDP and ptime, maxptime removal

Razvan Crainea-3
Hi, Stefan!

There is no bug here - ptime and maxptime are not associated to a codec,
but to the entire media session. So it should not be removed if you
delete a certain.

Best regards,
Razvan

On 10/26/18 3:00 PM, Stefan Carlsson wrote:

> Hi !
> We have a serious issue that force us to remove all codecs except
> PCMA.   We use: codec_delete_except_re("PCMA");      from the sipmsgops
> module
> but the function doesn’t removes the associated ptime, maxptime.   How
> can we also remove this, any ideas or is it a bug in the sipmsgops  module?
> We use version  2.2.6   on a Centos machine.
> Kind Regards
> Stefan

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer

Re: SDP and ptime, maxptime removal

Stefan Carlsson
Ok !

Thanks ...

But I have three of them after :"        codec_delete_except_re("PCMA") ;   ",  see below snap.

        t=0 0
        m=audio 46056 RTP/AVP 8
        a=sendrecv
        a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
        a=ptime:20
        a=maxptime:30
        a=ptime:20
        a=maxptime:40
        a=ptime:30
        a=maxptime:30

Btw, thanks for your help and reply.

Kind Regards / Vänligen …

Stefan Carlsson

There is no bug here - ptime and maxptime are not associated to a codec, but to the entire media session. So it should not be removed if you delete a certain.

Best regards,
Razvan

On 10/26/18 3:00 PM, Stefan Carlsson wrote:

> Hi !
> We have a serious issue that force us to remove all codecs except
> PCMA.   We use: codec_delete_except_re("PCMA");      from the
> sipmsgops module but the function doesn’t removes the associated
> ptime, maxptime.   How can we also remove this, any ideas or is it a
> bug in the sipmsgops  module?
> We use version  2.2.6   on a Centos machine.
> Kind Regards
> Stefan

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer