SIP - Transaction

Bruno Rodrigues

Hi All,

                Have any idea to implement SIP-T in opensips ?

Thank You,

Bruno Rodrigues

Re: SIP - Transaction

Alex Balashov
What do you mean by "implement" SIP-T?  SIP-T provides ISUP
encapsulation in the payload to replace SS7 interworking;  it's still
SIP, and you still treat it the same way you do any other SIP.

Bruno Rodrigues wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>                 Have any idea to implement SIP-T in opensips ?
>

> Thank You,
>
> Bruno Rodrigues

Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (706) 338-8599

Re: SIP - Transaction

Bruno Rodrigues
I mean use Opensips like a SCP. The GW using SS7 sending the mtp3 to
Opensips using sip-t and Opensips controlling this signaling.

Bruno Rodrigues wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>                 Have any idea to implement SIP-T in opensips ?
>

> Thank You,
>
> Bruno Rodrigues

Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (706) 338-8599

Re: SIP - Transaction

Alex Balashov
OpenSIPS does not control this signaling, and is not involved at the
MTP3 level.

Bruno Rodrigues wrote:

> I mean use Opensips like a SCP. The GW using SS7 sending the mtp3 to
> Opensips using sip-t and Opensips controlling this signaling.

I know OpenSips dont control the ISUP signaling and not is involved with
MTP3 Level. My doubts if the opensips will can control SigTran in future or
if have any idea to implement this. I ask about this because we don't have a
open source softswitch what can control Sigtran signaling using any protocol
(H.248/SIP-T)

Bruno Rodrigues wrote:

> I mean use Opensips like a SCP. The GW using SS7 sending the mtp3 to
> Opensips using sip-t and Opensips controlling this signaling.

For one, that would require some sort of user agent (M3UA), which
OpenSIPS is not.  If anything, Asterisk would be better suited for that
role if it could somehow combine its incipient SS7 ISUP support with
real, solid call control/media gateway control support (i.e. MGCP or
H.248/MEGACO).