Saving carrier information for asterisk

Irfan Baig
Hi,

Is there a way to set a header value that will be available for asterisk to read when opensips is used as a router (call completion on the outbound)

eg: I want to save what carrier I am using to complete the call from a failure_route block, so I can use it to track call completions

Thanks,
Irfan

Re: Saving carrier information for asterisk

Ovidiu Sas
Check out the textops module:
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.7.x/textops.html#id292953

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Irfan Baig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there a way to set a header value that will be available for asterisk to
> read when opensips is used as a router (call completion on the outbound)
> eg: I want to save what carrier I am using to complete the call from a
> failure_route block, so I can use it to track call completions
> Thanks,
> Irfan

Re: Saving carrier information for asterisk

Irfan Baig
I would like to add data in each failure block and be able to determine what failure block was triggered by querying sip headers in Asterisk?
Are there any guidelines for using custom sip headers to communicate information to Asterisk .. are custom headers always passed through to and back from the carrier and any intervening sip routing framework? Whats the function call syntax in Asterisk to retrieve a custom header added using append_hf("C-hint: XYZ\r\n")?

Thanks