Standalone client

Zeeshan Ali Shah
Hi,
Is there any integerated client (Standalone) for IM and Voice with back end Opensips ?

Br

Zeeshan

bll

Re: Standalone client

bll
Hi,

You can use several SIP clients, most of them implements the functionality requested, e.g. we are using Bria 3.2 from CounterPath, Blink from ag-projects.com, Ekiga.

Regards,
Liviu

Re: Standalone client

Zeeshan Ali Shah
Thanks for quick reply , Are you using it for Webconference with Rooms including Chat and Voice ?

which client is best in your perspective ?  supported by Windows

BR

Zeeshan

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Barsan Liviu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

You can use several SIP clients, most of them implements the functionality requested, e.g. we are using Bria 3.2 from CounterPath, Blink from ag-projects.com, Ekiga.

Regards,
Liviu

Is there any integerated client (Standalone) for IM and Voice with back end Opensips ?

Br

Zeeshan

bll

Re: Standalone client

bll
Hi,

To have conference you can choose from MSRP or XMPP implementations.
I have some experience with MSRP: if you want session based IM and voice you have to choose a client with MSRP support, e.g. Blink Pro from ag-projects. Unfortunately Bria does not support MSRP, just Jabber (XMPP).
Beside Bria Pro (around 30$), you can search for other SIP clients with MSRP on: http://msrprelay.org/wiki/Clients

Is there any integerated client (Standalone) for IM and Voice with back end Opensips ?

Br

Zeeshan

bll

Re: Standalone client

bll
Excuse me for the previous incomplete answer, I send it accidentally before finishing it.

So:

Hi,

To have conference you can choose from MSRP or XMPP implementations.
I have some experience with MSRP: if you want session based IM and voice you have to choose a client with MSRP support, e.g. Blink Pro (on Mac) from ag-projects.
For XMPP(Jabber): Bria 3.2
Beside Blink Pro (around 30$), you can search for other SIP clients with MSRP on: http://msrprelay.org/wiki/Clientshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_instant_messaging_clients#XMPP_clients, just google it.

Regards,
Liviu

Is there any integerated client (Standalone) for IM and Voice with back end Opensips ?

Br

Zeeshan

Re: Standalone client

Zeeshan Ali Shah
Thanks Barsan your post helped me a lot,

I found http://sylkserver.com/  do you think it have mutli rooms , conferencing ?

actually BigBlueButton does have web based conference but I like standalon client for accomodate 100+ users.

Thanks again

/Zee

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Barsan Liviu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

bll

Re: Standalone client

bll
Hi,

Yes http://sylkserver.com/ together with OpenSIPs should do it. I notice that an (older) alternative is OpenSIPs-MediaProxy-MSRPRelay (and Asterisk) from the same ag-projects.com.
Ask one of the ag-projects.com members (on this user list) to give you the exact answer which is best for session based conferencing. Do not forgot to explicitly write down your other requirements, e.g. call forwarding, voice mail etc.

Regards,
Liviu

Is there any integerated client (Standalone) for IM and Voice with back end Opensips ?

Br

Zeeshan

Re: Standalone client

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé

On Jun 29, 2011, at 4:50 PM, Zeeshan Ali Shah wrote:

> Thanks Barsan your post helped me a lot,
>
> I found http://sylkserver.com/  do you think it have mutli rooms , conferencing ?

SylkServer does have multiple rooms and does conferencing (audio and MSRP chat).

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: Standalone client

Zeeshan Ali Shah

Here it is

  1. Voice and Chat conference with multiple rooms
  2. Users should able to select rooms to join
  3. Moderator require who can  block/mute/disable chat for users
  4. Management interface to create rooms , users etc..
  5. They system should be distributable on multiple servers and voice performance should be best to accomodate 400+ users/room
Client : Web based  and Standalone (Windows) preferable ..

beside previous suggestons any other comment ?

Zeeshan