TCP Sockets Phones De-Register and then Quickly Re-Register.

TCP Sockets Phones De-Register and then Quickly Re-Register.

David J.-2
I am noticing a strange behavior on the phones.

They are connecting over TCP; It seems like every 3 minutes they quickly
lose registration and then re-register.

I am not sure if it is because the phone is sending a register every 3
minutes and then opensips is closing the old socket and opening a new
one or what?

I dont have that much experience using TCP or how do troubleshoot this
problem.

Thanks.

Re: TCP Sockets Phones De-Register and then Quickly Re-Register.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi David,

With TCP, there is no need to have the TCP connection up during the
whole duration of the registration - it is perfectly normal for the TCP
conn to be terminated after REGISTER request (by server or client side).

For example, opensips has a timeout - for how long it should keep an
unused TCP connection (see
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreFcn16#toc73).

If the UAC is behind NAT, it is a bit of different story, as the TCP
conn must stay open - the server cannot open later a TCP conn behind
NAT. For such cases see:

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.x/registrar.html#id250051

David J. wrote:

> I am noticing a strange behavior on the phones.
>
> They are connecting over TCP; It seems like every 3 minutes they
> quickly lose registration and then re-register.
>
> I am not sure if it is because the phone is sending a register every 3
> minutes and then opensips is closing the old socket and opening a new
> one or what?
>
> I dont have that much experience using TCP or how do troubleshoot this
> problem.
>
> Thanks.

OpenSIPS Event - expo, conf, social, bootcamp
2 - 4 February 2011, ITExpo, Miami,  USA
www.voice-system.ro