Tools

Brett Nemeroff
Bogdan,
I was wondering if it wouldn't be helpful to users out there to post a list of "tools" they use to build, troubleshoot, debug, or otherwise work with OpenSIPs (or just voip) onto the OpenSIPs website.

Some tools that come to mind, that are frequently (or not) mentioned:
1. M4 for configurations
2. tshark
3. ngrep
4. sipviewer
5. sipana
6. pcapsipdump
7. sipscenario
8. Maybe clever usage of the "siptrace" table for something other than just plain searching it (like an integration with sipscenario)

I'm sure there are others I'm missing..
-Brett

Re: Tools

Matti Zemack
Hi all,

I'm new to Opensips. And the list Brett provided below is VERY useful.
I'm sure we all could add a few, eg. Sipp.
Any place on the Opensips.org where this could go. I could add some
"new-user-views", and examples. Some kind of payback for all help you've
all provided me so far. :-)

Regards,
Matti Zemack
Stockholm
Sweden

Brett wrote:

>Bogdan,I was wondering if it wouldn't be helpful to users out there to
post
>a list of "tools" they use to build, troubleshoot, debug, or otherwise
work

>with OpenSIPs (or just voip) onto the OpenSIPs website.
>
>Some tools that come to mind, that are frequently (or not) mentioned:
>1. M4 for configurations
>2. tshark
>3. ngrep
>4. sipviewer
>5. sipana
>6. pcapsipdump
>7. sipscenario
>8. Maybe clever usage of the "siptrace" table for something other than
just
>plain searching it (like an integration with sipscenario)
>
>I'm sure there are others I'm missing..
>-Brett

Re: Tools

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Brett, HI Matti,

yes, this is a good idea - I  created a new web page (under
Documentation section) for such purposes:
    http://www.opensips.org/pmwiki.php?n=Resources.DocsTools

feel free and edit :)