Topology hiding one side

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Topology hiding one side

hart323
Hello all!

I wonder can I make Opensips to hide one side (public) from the inside (private) at the same time I want inside servers to have information about UAs on the public? Some sort of topology hiding on one side.

UACs(public) <-> (public)Opensips(private) <-> SIPproxy(Registrar,pstn gw,...)

1) SIPproxy must see end UACs CONTACT field
2) Opensips must hide all the private staff (RECORD-ROUTES, VIA,... ), so that UACs see like if they talk only to Opensips.

As far as I could understand Dialog topology_hiding() and B2BUA module, I can't make that scenario with those commands? I need to manually "fix" headers with private info?

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Topology hiding one side

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi,

No, there is no way to do one side topology hiding right now.

What you can do is to use dialog module (with topology_hiding()) and
copy (for requests from UAC to proxy) the contact info (that will be
hidden by opensips) in a non standard header (like X-Contact), to that
proxy will see the original contact from UAC.

Regards,

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com


On 06/17/2012 04:03 PM, hart323 wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I wonder can I make Opensips to hide one side (public) from the inside
> (private) at the same time I want inside servers to have information about
> UAs on the public? Some sort of topology hiding on one side.
>
> UACs(public)<->  (public)Opensips(private)<->  SIPproxy(Registrar,pstn
> gw,...)
>
> 1) SIPproxy must see end UACs CONTACT field
> 2) Opensips must hide all the private staff (RECORD-ROUTES, VIA,... ), so
> that UACs see like if they talk only to Opensips.
>
> As far as I could understand Dialog topology_hiding() and B2BUA module, I
> can't make that scenario with those commands? I need to manually "fix"
> headers with private info?
>
> Any thoughts?
> Thanks!
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/Topology-hiding-one-side-tp7580395.html
> Sent from the OpenSIPS - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Topology hiding one side

hart323
Hello Bogdan and thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately :( SIPproxy is Avaya SES and as fas as i know it has limited capabilities to work with custom headers like X-Contact, so I would not be able to use info in those headers.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Topology hiding one side

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi,

Then open a Feature Request on SF tracker - maybe we will consider a
patch for this.

Regards,

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com


On 06/18/2012 12:13 PM, hart323 wrote:

> Hello Bogdan and thanks for your answer.
>
> Unfortunately :( SIPproxy is Avaya SES and as fas as i know it has limited
> capabilities to work with custom headers like X-Contact, so I would not be
> able to use info in those headers.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/Topology-hiding-one-side-tp7580395p7580412.html
> Sent from the OpenSIPS - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users