Two or more users for one realm using uac_auth

Two or more users for one realm using uac_auth

Ricardo Martins
Hi all!

I'm trying to use the uac_auth function to autenticate more than one
user for a single realm. Is there any way to do that? In my environment,
it acceps the parameters but I have no way to inform wich one to use
when the 407 response comes.

I found a very old bounty (linked below) to put credentials parameters
of uac module on avp and to include the ability to authenticate multiple
users on a single realm.

http://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/devel/2006-January/001758.html

Do anybody knows if any similar thing was done?

Regards!

Ricardo.

Re: Two or more users for one realm using uac_auth

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Ricardo,

But I implemented this long time ago. See:

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.5.x/uac.html#auth-username-avp-id

Also see :
   http://opensips.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opensips?view=rev&revision=707

Is it something else you are looking after ?

Ricardo Martins wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying to use the uac_auth function to autenticate more than one
> user for a single realm. Is there any way to do that? In my environment,
> it acceps the parameters but I have no way to inform wich one to use
> when the 407 response comes.
>
> I found a very old bounty (linked below) to put credentials parameters
> of uac module on avp and to include the ability to authenticate multiple
> users on a single realm.
>
> http://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/devel/2006-January/001758.html
>
> Do anybody knows if any similar thing was done?
>
> Regards!
>
> Ricardo.

Re: Two or more users for one realm using uac_auth

Ricardo Martins
Yes Bogdan, that's ok, I'm going to store the credential on AVPs. But
the question is: How can I inform the script wich user of the realm to
use on uac_auth function?

My goal is to use uac_auth to autenticate multiples users of the same realm.

If you can give me some clues, I would be gratefull.

Regards!

Ricardo.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu escreveu:

> Hi Ricardo,
>
> But I implemented this long time ago. See:
>
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.5.x/uac.html#auth-username-avp-id
>

> Also see :
>
> http://opensips.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opensips?view=rev&revision=707
>
> Is it something else you are looking after ?
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Ricardo Martins wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I'm trying to use the uac_auth function to autenticate more than one
>> user for a single realm. Is there any way to do that? In my
>> environment, it acceps the parameters but I have no way to inform
>> wich one to use when the 407 response comes.
>>
>> I found a very old bounty (linked below) to put credentials
>> parameters of uac module on avp and to include the ability to
>> authenticate multiple users on a single realm.
>>
>> http://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/devel/2006-January/001758.html
>>
>> Do anybody knows if any similar thing was done?
>>
>> Regards!
>>
>> Ricardo.

Re: Two or more users for one realm using uac_auth

Thomas Gelf
I'm not sure what you're missing - it's pretty straight-forward. All
you need to do should be something like:

modparam("uac", "auth_username_avp", "$avp(i:1)")
modparam("uac", "auth_password_avp", "$avp(i:2)")
modparam("uac", "auth_realm_avp", "$avp(i:3)")

avp_db_query("SELECT user, pass, realm FROM whatever WHERE <some-voodoo>
AND owner = '$avp(s:caller)'", "$avp(i:1);$avp(i:2);$avp(i:3)");

(and of course uac_replace_from, rewrite_host_port, t_on_failure,
uac_auth - as without AVPs)

Cheers,
Thomas Gelf

Ricardo Martins schrieb:

> Yes Bogdan, that's ok, I'm going to store the credential on AVPs. But
> the question is: How can I inform the script wich user of the realm to
> use on uac_auth function?
>
> My goal is to use uac_auth to autenticate multiples users of the same realm.
>
> If you can give me some clues, I would be gratefull.
>
> Regards!
>
> Ricardo.
>

> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu escreveu:
>> Hi Ricardo,
>>
>> But I implemented this long time ago. See:
>>
>> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.5.x/uac.html#auth-username-avp-id
>>

>> Also see :
>>
>> http://opensips.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opensips?view=rev&revision=707
>>
>> Is it something else you are looking after ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Ricardo Martins wrote:
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I'm trying to use the uac_auth function to autenticate more than one
>>> user for a single realm. Is there any way to do that? In my
>>> environment, it acceps the parameters but I have no way to inform
>>> wich one to use when the 407 response comes.
>>>
>>> I found a very old bounty (linked below) to put credentials
>>> parameters of uac module on avp and to include the ability to
>>> authenticate multiple users on a single realm.
>>>
>>> http://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/devel/2006-January/001758.html
>>>
>>> Do anybody knows if any similar thing was done?
>>>
>>> Regards!
>>>
>>> Ricardo.

Re: Two or more users for one realm using uac_auth

Thomas Gelf
You're welcome ;-)

Ricardo Martins schrieb:

> That's it! Thank you very much Thomas. I was realy missing a tiny point.
> Now my script is becoming nice!
>
> Regards, Ricardo.
>

> Thomas Gelf escreveu:
>> I'm not sure what you're missing - it's pretty straight-forward. All
>> you need to do should be something like:
>>
>> modparam("uac", "auth_username_avp", "$avp(i:1)")
>> modparam("uac", "auth_password_avp", "$avp(i:2)")
>> modparam("uac", "auth_realm_avp", "$avp(i:3)")
>>
>> avp_db_query("SELECT user, pass, realm FROM whatever WHERE <some-voodoo>
>> AND owner = '$avp(s:caller)'", "$avp(i:1);$avp(i:2);$avp(i:3)");
>>
>> (and of course uac_replace_from, rewrite_host_port, t_on_failure,
>> uac_auth - as without AVPs)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Thomas Gelf

Re: Two or more users for one realm using uac_auth

Hi Ricardo,

Now, the module expects to find in the AVPs  a single set of credentials
(realm, user, passwd) and the realm from AVP must match the realm from
request. But I guess Thomas already helped you on this - loading only
the passwd you need.