UDP and TCP Listener

JustForVoip
Hello,

Can I know based on what I can set the values of children in the following:

children=4

tcp_children=10

I found that the values are:

Number of processes per UDP listener.

Total number of processes for all TCP listeners.

Is there a relation between number of calls and listeners?
I tried to search about listeners meaning but I did not find a clear explanation.

Re: UDP and TCP Listener

Liviu Chircu

Here is a similar thread [1]

TL;DR: the more blocking I/O operations (DB/HTTP/ENUM queries) you include in your script, the more children will be required if you still want your OpenSIPS to be able to ingest thousands of CPS.

[1]: http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/users/2013-December/027530.html

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com