USSD like over SIP signalling with opensips

USSD like over SIP signalling with opensips

Dani Popa
Hi,

If i need to send "commands" from client to opensips in order to setup some features, what should be the correct approach ? Let's suppose i want as SIP client,  to setup call forward status (enable/disable) from client sending SIP message to opensips(having all the logic already implemented on proxy side).   This service should be similar with dialing *123# from mobile or some ussd to do something.

My question is, what should i use to send those "commands", MESSAGE sip method with particular body, NOTIFY sip method  with differnt event type, i mean i'd like to use sip protocol as transport for this kind of services.

thanks,
--
Dani Popa

Re: USSD like over SIP signalling with opensips

Alexander Mustafin
Hi, Dani.

If you want to use SIP-client, I suppose, the simplest way is send INVITE or MESSAGE to predefined number, and then parse it in OpenSIPS. Perhaps, later you may use «speeddial» module or similar.

Best regards,
Alexander Mustafin