Update dialog timeout and db extra columns

Update dialog timeout and db extra columns

Giuseppe Roberti-3
Hi.

Is is possible to update timeout of already created dialog ?
How to do it ? Is it possible to add a dlg_update_timeout(seconds)
function ?
Can this function expire a dialog when seconds == 0 (and send bye
according to bye_on_timeout_flag) ?
Is it possible to add a dialog_db_extra parameter for adding some extra
information on db dialog entries, like for acc db_extra ?

Regards.

--
Giuseppe Roberti
<[hidden email]>

Re: Update dialog timeout and db extra columns

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Giuseppe,

Giuseppe Roberti wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is is possible to update timeout of already created dialog ?
> How to do it ? Is it possible to add a dlg_update_timeout(seconds)
> function ?

you can update the dialog timeout value from the script, when a
sequential (in dialog) request passes though. You just have to set again
the AVP for dialog timeout
> Can this function expire a dialog when seconds == 0 (and send bye
> according to bye_on_timeout_flag) ?

never tried this, but theoretically is should
> Is it possible to add a dialog_db_extra parameter for adding some extra
> information on db dialog entries, like for acc db_extra ?

you mean to be able to attach custom value to a dialog?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> Hi Giuseppe,
>

> Giuseppe Roberti wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Is is possible to update timeout of already created dialog ?
>> How to do it ? Is it possible to add a dlg_update_timeout(seconds)
>> function ?
>>
> you can update the dialog timeout value from the script, when a
> sequential (in dialog) request passes though. You just have to set again
> the AVP for dialog timeout
thanks, i will try

>> Can this function expire a dialog when seconds == 0 (and send bye
>> according to bye_on_timeout_flag) ?
>>
> never tried this, but theoretically is should
>> Is it possible to add a dialog_db_extra parameter for adding some extra
>> information on db dialog entries, like for acc db_extra ?
>>
> you mean to be able to attach custom value to a dialog?

yes

> Regards,
> Bogdan

Regards.

Giuseppe Roberti wrote:
>>> Is it possible to add a dialog_db_extra parameter for adding some extra
>>> information on db dialog entries, like for acc db_extra ?
>>>

>> you mean to be able to attach custom value to a dialog?
>>

> yes

I have in plan to do add dialog-oriented variables, but haven;t
considered yet the persistence part (like storing them in DB) as it may
have a huge performance impact...but the first version targets the
in-mem variables.