Use Gstreamer RTP packets as source

Michael Smith

Hello,

I need to stream audio in many different encoding algorithms (G711, G722, MPEG4, etc) and I thought to use Gstreamer to encode the audio and OpenSIPS to send using a SIP communication. Will this work? Can I send the RTP encoded packets over a SIP communication using OpenSIPS?

Sorry for the rookie question.

Any tip will be very helpful,

Thanks

Re: Use Gstreamer RTP packets as source

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Michael,

Do you want to have OpenSIPS acting as an UAS end point for SIP while providing the RTP via gstreamer ?

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2017, Houston, US
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2017.html
On 07/30/2017 09:01 PM, Michael Smith wrote:

Hello,

I need to stream audio in many different encoding algorithms (G711, G722, MPEG4, etc) and I thought to use Gstreamer to encode the audio and OpenSIPS to send using a SIP communication. Will this work? Can I send the RTP encoded packets over a SIP communication using OpenSIPS?

Sorry for the rookie question.

Any tip will be very helpful,

Thanks

Re: Use Gstreamer RTP packets as source

Michael Smith

Hello,

Yes! I want to provide the RTP packets via gstreamer and send them with OpenSIPS to another host that will decode the RTP packets. Do you know how can I do it?

Thanks!

Re: Use Gstreamer RTP packets as source

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Michael,

There is some mechanism (old, so not something fancy) that may help you in doing this.

When receiving the INVITE, create the transaction (t_newtran()), eventually sent a 100 trying reply back and then use t_write_unix() to dump the info on INVITE to an external app:
    http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.3.x/tm.html#idp5798928
after that, from script, do not do any SIP signaling for the INVITE.

Your external app is responsible to construct the SDP and the 200 OK and to use the MI t_reply function to make OpenSIPS to send it back to caller:
    http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.3.x/tm.html#idp5848144

Will this work for you ?