Using OpenSIPS as a B2BUA

amit kumar-2-3
Hi,

Can OpenSIPS be used as a B2BUA?

If it can be, does somebody have quick tips and do's and don't for the same?

I am trying to build an Application server acting as a B2BUA.

I skimmed through the documentation of OpenSIPs, just guessing based on my understanding, that it would be possible to make a B2BUA just by using the script. Please comment.

Thanks.

Regards,
Amit

Re: Using OpenSIPS as a B2BUA

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Amit,

OpenSIPS itself is a SIP proxy, so it cannot be a b2bua. But you can use
the weSIP application (on top of OpenSIPS) in order to get a b2bua . See:
    http://www.wesip.com/

Amit Kumar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can OpenSIPS be used as a B2BUA?
>
> If it can be, does somebody have quick tips and do's and don't for the
> same?
>
> I am trying to build an Application server acting as a B2BUA.
>
> I skimmed through the documentation of OpenSIPs, just guessing based
> on my understanding, that it would be possible to make a B2BUA just by
> using the script. Please comment.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Amit

Re: Using OpenSIPS as a B2BUA

amit kumar-2-3
Hi Fabián,

Sorry to make the query ambiguous, allow me to rephrase the query.

Instead of asking can it be used as B2BUA, let me ask as

"Is it possible to modify OpenSIPS to work as B2BUA, if yes, how easy or difficult it is to make it act like a B2BUA?"

Thanks for the quick reply anyways.

Regards,
Amit

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Fabián Sellés rosa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Short answer, no, it can't be used like a B2BUA.

not - so - short answer.  Because openSIPS does not take care about media (except for NAT traversal with RTPProxy o MediaProxy). But you can use a B2BUA like Asterisk , FreeSwitch or SipX with openSIPS.

Regards

Subject: Using OpenSIPS as a B2BUA
------------------------

2009/2/10 Amit Kumar <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Fabián,
> Sorry to make the query ambiguous, allow me to rephrase the query.
> Instead of asking can it be used as B2BUA, let me ask as
> "Is it possible to modify OpenSIPS to work as B2BUA, if yes, how easy or
> difficult it is to make it act like a B2BUA?"

IMHO it would be more than *very* difficult. I recommend you to use a
real B2BUA (try SEMS, Sippy B2BUA...).

<[hidden email]>

Re: Using OpenSIPS as a B2BUA

Hi Amit,