Using usrloc module with Redis DB

OpenSIPS - Users mailing list
Hi Bogdan and all,

We would like to cluster few opensips servers, in terms of sharing usrloc data between them. We already use Redis on these servers and we want to take advantage of that, as well as enjoining faster access comparing to SQL.

Is it possible to use usrloc module with Redis?
If so, can you please provide us with an example of defining usrloc's db_url parameter to do so?

Thanks and regards,
Liran

Re: Using usrloc module with Redis DB

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Liran,

Right now, due the complexity of the usrloc data, there is no straight way to use an SQL backend (there is a need for list support with atomic ops). We are working for such support for 2.4 release.

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2017, Houston, US
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2017.html
On 07/05/2017 04:23 PM, Aknin, Liran via Users wrote:
Hi Bogdan and all,

We would like to cluster few opensips servers, in terms of sharing usrloc data between them. We already use Redis on these servers and we want to take advantage of that, as well as enjoining faster access comparing to SQL.

Is it possible to use usrloc module with Redis?
If so, can you please provide us with an example of defining usrloc's db_url parameter to do so?

Thanks and regards,
Liran

Re: Using usrloc module with Redis DB

OpenSIPS - Users mailing list
Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Just to make sure I understood you correctly, since I was actually asking about Redis - you mean that there is support for NO-SQL DB, right?
Is usrloc over Redis going to be introduced in 2.4?

thanks,
Liran

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

yes, typo, it should have been "
there is no straight way to use an noSQL backends"

But this is for location. Otherwise, OpenSIPS has a cachedb_redis module you can use from script as a key-value cache .

On 07/06/2017 08:29 AM, Aknin, Liran wrote:
[...]

Thanks again Bogdan, I assumed that what you meant.

Using SQL, preferably PostgreSQL, is it possible to implement clustering of some opensips servers, in terms of shared read-write of userloc?

Regards,
Liran

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Keep in mind that in the USRLOC module, the primary data storage is memory, while the DB is just for periodic flushing (write only) for restart persistence - the only moment when the DB is read is at startup, when the memory is populated.
So, in order to make multiple opensips to share usrloc content via DB is to have the DB as primary data storage and this happens exclusively for DB ONLY mode (where there is no memory cache).