WebSocket Support in OpenSIPS 2.1

Răzvan Crainea-2
Hello, all!

Aaand, we're finally making it official: OpenSIPS 2.1 will have
*WebSockets* support!

Are you planning to use (or perhaps you're already using) WebRTC based
SIP clients, but you are having hard time setting up the platform?
Starting from now, it has never been simpler - based on your needs and
feedback[1] we decided to implement a WebSocket server directly in OpenSIPS.

And we're doing it now! Starting with the new OpenSIPS 2.1 release you
will be able to plug your web-based SIP clients directly in your
OpenSIPS server using the new WebSocket transport protocol[2].

We've also setup a short tutorial[3] for you to integrate this feature
in your platform easier. Many thanks to Eric Tamme (lirakis) for all his
help with the tutorial as well as for the intensive tests.

[1] http://www.opensips.org/Community/IRCmeeting20141029
[2] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.1.x/proto_ws
[3] http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-WebSocket-2-1

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer

Re: WebSocket Support in OpenSIPS 2.1

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
Congrats to the team! Great work!

On 17 Mar 2015, at 20:00, Răzvan Crainea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, all!
>
> Aaand, we're finally making it official: OpenSIPS 2.1 will have *WebSockets* support!
>
> Are you planning to use (or perhaps you're already using) WebRTC based SIP clients, but you are having hard time setting up the platform? Starting from now, it has never been simpler - based on your needs and feedback[1] we decided to implement a WebSocket server directly in OpenSIPS.
>
> And we're doing it now! Starting with the new OpenSIPS 2.1 release you will be able to plug your web-based SIP clients directly in your OpenSIPS server using the new WebSocket transport protocol[2].
>
> We've also setup a short tutorial[3] for you to integrate this feature in your platform easier. Many thanks to Eric Tamme (lirakis) for all his help with the tutorial as well as for the intensive tests.
>
> [1] http://www.opensips.org/Community/IRCmeeting20141029
> [2] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.1.x/proto_ws
> [3] http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-WebSocket-2-1
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Răzvan Crainea
> OpenSIPS Core Developer
> http://www.opensips-solutions.com

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: WebSocket Support in OpenSIPS 2.1

Tito Cumpen
Great news,

Are there any media engines that can be used in conjunction with opensips that would allow the interop between webrtc sip clients and standard sip? I am aware that freeswitch will currently do this.

Thanks,
Tito

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 3:36 AM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats to the team! Great work!

On 17 Mar 2015, at 20:00, Răzvan Crainea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, all!
>
> Aaand, we're finally making it official: OpenSIPS 2.1 will have *WebSockets* support!
>
> Are you planning to use (or perhaps you're already using) WebRTC based SIP clients, but you are having hard time setting up the platform? Starting from now, it has never been simpler - based on your needs and feedback[1] we decided to implement a WebSocket server directly in OpenSIPS.
>
> And we're doing it now! Starting with the new OpenSIPS 2.1 release you will be able to plug your web-based SIP clients directly in your OpenSIPS server using the new WebSocket transport protocol[2].
>
> We've also setup a short tutorial[3] for you to integrate this feature in your platform easier. Many thanks to Eric Tamme (lirakis) for all his help with the tutorial as well as for the intensive tests.
>
> [1] http://www.opensips.org/Community/IRCmeeting20141029
> [2] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.1.x/proto_ws
> [3] http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-WebSocket-2-1
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Răzvan Crainea
> OpenSIPS Core Developer
> http://www.opensips-solutions.com

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: WebSocket Support in OpenSIPS 2.1

Eric Tamme-3
yes - a tutorial was linked in the announcement which includes setting up rtpengine with opensips+websockets to do rtp<->dtls-srtp interop.

http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-WebSocket-2-1
-Eric

On 03/19/2015 02:32 PM, Tito Cumpen wrote:
Great news,

Are there any media engines that can be used in conjunction with opensips that would allow the interop between webrtc sip clients and standard sip? I am aware that freeswitch will currently do this.

Thanks,
Tito

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 3:36 AM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats to the team! Great work!

On 17 Mar 2015, at 20:00, Răzvan Crainea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, all!
>
> Aaand, we're finally making it official: OpenSIPS 2.1 will have *WebSockets* support!
>
> Are you planning to use (or perhaps you're already using) WebRTC based SIP clients, but you are having hard time setting up the platform? Starting from now, it has never been simpler - based on your needs and feedback[1] we decided to implement a WebSocket server directly in OpenSIPS.
>
> And we're doing it now! Starting with the new OpenSIPS 2.1 release you will be able to plug your web-based SIP clients directly in your OpenSIPS server using the new WebSocket transport protocol[2].
>
> We've also setup a short tutorial[3] for you to integrate this feature in your platform easier. Many thanks to Eric Tamme (lirakis) for all his help with the tutorial as well as for the intensive tests.
>
> [1] http://www.opensips.org/Community/IRCmeeting20141029
> [2] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.1.x/proto_ws
> [3] http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-WebSocket-2-1
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Răzvan Crainea
> OpenSIPS Core Developer
> http://www.opensips-solutions.com

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: WebSocket Support in OpenSIPS 2.1

Yes, there is rtpengine for example. Razvan put together the WS tutorial covering the media side too: