What's the best solution for national accounting?

What's the best solution for national accounting?

Joan-2-2
I'm using the opensips+cdrtool+mediaproxy+freeradius solution for an
opensips setup.
My users are dialing directly the number in case of national calls,
i.e. 912123123.
In the SIP Destination table, it gets writen as [hidden email].

And the problem is that I cannot get a price for the calls because, it
depends on the definition of E164_Europe in the cdr_generic.php
Since it doesn't fit on any of the categories, the call is just free.

My question is, what is the better solution for this?

1.- Users have to mandatory use either 912123123 or
00international_code912123123 for the call
2.- I correct the E164_Europe to suit my needs
3.- Somehow change the values before normalizing the table?
4.- Something else?

Thanks for your answers

Re: What's the best solution for national accounting?

Brett Nemeroff
I'm not sure if I'm answering your question right, but in general it's a good idea to normalize the destination numbers. ie: if your users don't normally dial in e.164 format, normalize it for the cdr to that. For example, if they dial a local number with the national bit discarded, then add the national bit. the pseudo logic looks like:

if $customer = 23 then
    set to_did = 01144$rU
end if

You don't have to dial on that of course, but it helps to account it that way. I'd be interested in hearing how other people are doing this as well.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Joan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm using the opensips+cdrtool+mediaproxy+freeradius solution for an
opensips setup.
My users are dialing directly the number in case of national calls,
i.e. 912123123.
In the SIP Destination table, it gets writen as [hidden email].

And the problem is that I cannot get a price for the calls because, it
depends on the definition of E164_Europe in the cdr_generic.php
Since it doesn't fit on any of the categories, the call is just free.

My question is, what is the better solution for this?

1.- Users have to mandatory use either 912123123 or
00international_code912123123 for the call
2.- I correct the E164_Europe to suit my needs
3.- Somehow change the values before normalizing the table?
4.- Something else?

Thanks for your answers

Re: What's the best solution for national accounting?

Adrian Georgescu

On Jun 11, 2009, at 3:56 PM, Joan wrote:

I'm using the opensips+cdrtool+mediaproxy+freeradius solution for an
opensips setup.
My users are dialing directly the number in case of national calls,
i.e. 912123123.
In the SIP Destination table, it gets writen as [hidden email].

And the problem is that I cannot get a price for the calls because, it
depends on the definition of E164_Europe in the cdr_generic.php
Since it doesn't fit on any of the categories, the call is just free.

My question is, what is the better solution for this?

1.- Users have to mandatory use either 912123123 or
00international_code912123123 for the call
2.- I correct the E164_Europe to suit my needs

Choice 2 is the way it was designed, for such needs.

Adrian

Re: What's the best solution for national accounting?

Adrian Georgescu
Even better do not modify the supplied class as it will be overwritten on upgrade. If you look in setup/global.inc.complex.sample you will see this option per data source:

                    "E164_class"         => "E164_custom",  // define a custom class to determine the E164 for a telephone number
                                                            // see E164 classes as example in library/cdr_generic.php

Adrian

2009/6/11 Adrian Georgescu <[hidden email]>:
> Even better do not modify the supplied class as it will be overwritten on
> upgrade. If you look in setup/global.inc.complex.sample you will see this
> option per data source:
>                     "E164_class"         => "E164_custom",  // define a
> custom class to determine the E164 for a telephone number
>                                                             // see E164
> classes as example in library/cdr_generic.php
> Adrian

Thanks to both for your help.
.- I think I'll keep Brett' suggestion to normalize some other cases,
or to do some fast dialing.
.- And I'll use the E164_custom for my typical case (no zero at the
start of the dialing)