What would be the best way to get CDRs from opensips considering opensips handles heavy traffic load

What would be the best way to get CDRs from opensips considering opensips handles heavy traffic load

aqsyounas
Greeting list,

I would like to ask expert option,  how they are getting CDRs from opensips which handles heavy traffic.

Actually I don't want to have opensips mantain database connections and write records in a single table acc.

Best Regards,

Aqs Younas

Re: What would be the best way to get CDRs from opensips considering opensips handles heavy traffic load

Jon Abrams
If you don't need them immediately, you can use the old fashion write CDRS to syslog. Rotate the log file every so often to process the CDRs. Journald is too slow for this though - you must use rsyslog or syslog-ng.

If you use the builtin OpenSIPS accounting and need results more real-time, then I'd look at RADIUS accounting. If you generate your own CDRs, then there are the event datagram and rabbitmq modules that provide opportunities.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider heavy traffic?

- Jon

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 4:32 PM, Aqs Younas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greeting list,

I would like to ask expert option,  how they are getting CDRs from opensips which handles heavy traffic.

Actually I don't want to have opensips mantain database connections and write records in a single table acc.

Best Regards,

Aqs Younas

Re: What would be the best way to get CDRs from opensips considering opensips handles heavy traffic load

aqsyounas
Thanks for reply. Opensips handles around 2000 concurrent calls with cps of 40 at the peak time. I see when opensips writes in ACC and my portal runs queries on the same table, opensips process almost comes to halt and a restart is always needed to make it alive.

I want opensips to do something like just write CDRS in file/post somewhere or put in rabbitmq queue and do continue with processing sip traffic. Also, i would prefer to have something built-in instead of building my own CDRs.

Best Regards,

Aqs Younas

On Sat, 5 May 2018 at 5:46 AM, Jon Abrams <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ben Newlin

We use the db_flatstore module to have Opensips write the CDRs from the ACC module directly to a file. We have a second application which reads the file and processes the CDRs separately.

Thanks,

Ben Newlin