When "make deb-etch" regex module is not compiled

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

When "make deb-etch" regex module is not compiled

Iñaki Baz Castillo
Hi, I've upgraded to trunk version and after doing "make deb-etch" regex.so
doesn't appear in /usr/lib/opensips/modules/.

This is because in debian/rules "regex" is not included in ALL_MODULES. Should
it be? which is the common behaviour here?

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo

_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: When "make deb-etch" regex module is not compiled

Sergio Gutierrez
Hi Iñaki.

I think it is because regex is not compiled by default because of its dependency on pcre library.

Regards.

Sergio.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I've upgraded to trunk version and after doing "make deb-etch" regex.so
doesn't appear in /usr/lib/opensips/modules/.

This is because in debian/rules "regex" is not included in ALL_MODULES. Should
it be? which is the common behaviour here?

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo

_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/devel



--
Sergio Gutiérrez

_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: When "make deb-etch" regex module is not compiled

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Miércoles, 18 de Febrero de 2009, Sergio Gutierrez escribió:
> Hi Iñaki.
>
> I think it is because regex is not compiled by default because of its
> dependency on pcre library.

Hi Sergio, please chech ALL_MODULES value in debian/rules. All the modules
appear there, also those requiring external libraries.

The "make deb-*" and normal "make" are very different since "make deb-*" tries
to compile most of the modules.


--
Iñaki Baz Castillo

_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: When "make deb-etch" regex module is not compiled

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Inaki,

Sergio is right - the module does not appear in any deb package because
the main "opensips" package contains only modules with no external
dependencies. The module depending of other libs must have a separate
package, so we need to create a new deb for the regex module.

I plan to update the deb specs as the regex module is not the only one
in this situation.

Regards,
Bogdan

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> El Miércoles, 18 de Febrero de 2009, Sergio Gutierrez escribió:
>  
>> Hi Iñaki.
>>
>> I think it is because regex is not compiled by default because of its
>> dependency on pcre library.
>>    
>
> Hi Sergio, please chech ALL_MODULES value in debian/rules. All the modules
> appear there, also those requiring external libraries.
>
> The "make deb-*" and normal "make" are very different since "make deb-*" tries
> to compile most of the modules.
>
>
>  


_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: When "make deb-etch" regex module is not compiled

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Jueves, 19 de Febrero de 2009, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu escribió:
> Hi Inaki,
>
> Sergio is right - the module does not appear in any deb package because
> the main "opensips" package contains only modules with no external
> dependencies. The module depending of other libs must have a separate
> package, so we need to create a new deb for the regex module.

Thanks, but just a question:
What about other modules compiled by default via "make deb*" as:
- mi_xmlrpc: depends on libxml, libxmlrpc-c3 and libxmlrpc-c3-dev
- uri_radius: depends on radiusclient-ng
- xcap_client: depends on libxml-dev, libcurl-dev
and so on?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo

_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: When "make deb-etch" regex module is not compiled

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Inaki,

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> El Jueves, 19 de Febrero de 2009, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu escribió:
>  
>> Hi Inaki,
>>
>> Sergio is right - the module does not appear in any deb package because
>> the main "opensips" package contains only modules with no external
>> dependencies. The module depending of other libs must have a separate
>> package, so we need to create a new deb for the regex module.
>>    
>
> Thanks, but just a question:
> What about other modules compiled by default via "make deb*" as:
> - mi_xmlrpc: depends on libxml, libxmlrpc-c3 and libxmlrpc-c3-dev
>  
there is the separate opensips-xmlrpc package
> - uri_radius: depends on radiusclient-ng
>  
opensips-radius package
> - xcap_client: depends on libxml-dev, libcurl-dev
> and so on?
>  
in opensips-presence package

Regards,
Bogdan


_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: When "make deb-etch" regex module is not compiled

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2009/2/19 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]>:

>> Thanks, but just a question:
>> What about other modules compiled by default via "make deb*" as:
>> - mi_xmlrpc: depends on libxml, libxmlrpc-c3 and libxmlrpc-c3-dev
>>
>
> there is the separate opensips-xmlrpc package
>>
>> - uri_radius: depends on radiusclient-ng
>>
>
> opensips-radius package
>>
>> - xcap_client: depends on libxml-dev, libcurl-dev
>> and so on?
>>
>
> in opensips-presence package


:)

Thanks, I was wrong.


--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[hidden email]>

_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/devel