Why "t_check_trans()" is after in-dialog section?

Why "t_check_trans()" is after in-dialog section?

Iñaki Baz Castillo
Hi, I wonder why "t_check_trans()" (checking if a request is a retransmission)
is located in default .cfg file after the loose-route section (in-dialog
requests).

Usually the processing in the loose-route section is very slow (normally is
just a "t_realy"), but in case the admin inserts more code in that section,
then a in-dialog request retransmission could consume resources.

Why not writting "t_check_trans()" at the beginning of the rooute logic?

Regards.

Re: Why "t_check_trans()" is after in-dialog section?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Iñaki,

I think there is no particular reason.

Probably you can do in the begining of the script to absorb the
retransmission, but you still need separate handling of CANCELs and ACKS.