Will it work with RedHat ES5 64 bits.

J Santos
Message
Hi all,

I have just installed on RH ES5, 64 bits. No problems with the installation but will it work ?
This distro is not listed on Supported Architectures and Requirements.

thank you for any information.

Jair Santos

Re: Will it work with RedHat ES5 64 bits.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Jair,

Not a problem - it will work - it is known to work on any Linux distro.

Jair Santos_Gmail wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have just installed on RH ES5, 64 bits. No problems with the
> installation but will it work ?
> This distro is not listed on Supported Architectures and Requirements.
>
> thank you for any information.
>
> Jair Santos

Re: Will it work with RedHat ES5 64 bits.

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2008/11/19 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]>:
> Not a problem - it will work - it is known to work on any Linux distro.

I'm also using now a 64 bits distro (Debian Etch). Is there any real
advantage for OpenSIPS when compiling it into a 64 bits machine?

Thanks.

<[hidden email]>

Re: Will it work with RedHat ES5 64 bits.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Iñaki,

There are 2 major advantage:
    1) you can use more than 4 Gs of memory :)
    2) memory transfer is faster (as the bus is on 64 bits, so you can
transfer double in the same clock unit).

But I would say none of these advantages are relevant to opensips as
none is a bottleneck (or even closer).

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> 2008/11/19 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Not a problem - it will work - it is known to work on any Linux distro.
>>

> I'm also using now a 64 bits distro (Debian Etch). Is there any real
> advantage for OpenSIPS when compiling it into a 64 bits machine?
>
> Thanks.

Re: Will it work with RedHat ES5 64 bits.

J Santos
Thank you Bogdan,

Regards

Jai Santos

El Miércoles, 19 de Noviembre de 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu escribió:
> Hi Iñaki,
>
> There are 2 major advantage:
>     1) you can use more than 4 Gs of memory :)
>     2) memory transfer is faster (as the bus is on 64 bits, so you can
> transfer double in the same clock unit).
>
> But I would say none of these advantages are relevant to opensips as
> none is a bottleneck (or even closer).

Ok, thanks a lot.