acc-Module DB-Accounting

Robert Borz
After solving my first issues, I'm now trying to setup db-accounting in SER. If this works I will upgrade my configuration to work with FreeRADIUS.

So I added the acc module like this:

loadmodule "acc.so"
modparam("acc", "detect_direction", 1)
modparam("acc", "db_url", "postgres://openser:password@10.1.0.16/openser")
modparam("acc", "db_flag", 1)
modparam("acc", "db_missed_flag", 2)
modparam("acc", "db_extra", "from_uri=$fu; to_uri=$tu")
modparam("acc", "radius_config", "/etc/radiusclient-ng/radiusclient.conf")
modparam("acc", "log_flag", 1)
modparam("acc", "log_missed_flag", 2)

It doesn't matter if I set the detect_direction parameter to 0 or 1, the STOP record always will have the uri of the guy hanging up the call.

Does the detect_direction only affect radius accounting or should I use other pseudo variables for my db_extra configuration? Although... $fu and $tu are looking very appropriate to me.

Thanks a lot!

Robert.

Re: acc-Module DB-Accounting

Robert Borz
Hmm, now I run SER with debug=4 and grep'ed "DBG:acc" and the following messages appear during doing a call accounting is activated for:

DBG:acc:acc_onreq: noisy_timer set for accounting
DBG:acc:acc_onreq: detected an UPSTREAM req -> flaging it
DBG:acc:core2strar: the flag UPSTREAM is set -> swap F/T

So detect_direction seems to work and tries to swap the from and to fields... but in the acc db-table the columns from_uri and to_uri still get set wrong.

My db_extra configuration is still like this:
modparam("acc", "db_extra", "from_uri=$fu; to_uri=$tu);

Any idea what's wrong?

Robert.

Re: acc-Module DB-Accounting

Hi Robert,

the  "detect_direction"  feature affects only information like caller
and callee (from the radius package) and not the ruri.

Robert Borz wrote:

> After solving my first issues, I'm now trying to setup db-accounting in SER. If this works I will upgrade my configuration to work with FreeRADIUS.
>
> So I added the acc module like this:
>
> loadmodule "acc.so"
> modparam("acc", "detect_direction", 1)
> modparam("acc", "db_url", "postgres://openser:password@10.1.0.16/openser")
> modparam("acc", "db_flag", 1)
> modparam("acc", "db_missed_flag", 2)
> modparam("acc", "db_extra", "from_uri=$fu; to_uri=$tu")
> modparam("acc", "radius_config", "/etc/radiusclient-ng/radiusclient.conf")
> modparam("acc", "log_flag", 1)
> modparam("acc", "log_missed_flag", 2)
>
> It doesn't matter if I set the detect_direction parameter to 0 or 1, the STOP record always will have the uri of the guy hanging up the call.
>
> Does the detect_direction only affect radius accounting or should I use other pseudo variables for my db_extra configuration? Although... $fu and $tu are looking very appropriate to me.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>

> Robert.

Re: acc-Module DB-Accounting

Robert Borz
Hi Bogdan,

I'm not sure if I can completely follow you. Now I skipped the db-accounting part and continued with radius accounting (finally the freeradius will also have a postgres database backend when finished configuration).

But the Start and Stop Records in the acct-log also have Called-Station-Id and Calling-Station-Id wrong when the callee hangs up the call. I assume that this is why here also the values of the pseudo variables are not changed because the uri is not touched as you say.

modparam("acc", "radius_config", "/etc/radiusclient-ng/radiusclient.conf")
modparam("acc", "radius_flag", 1)
modparam("acc", "radius_extra", "Called-Station-Id=$tu;Calling-Station-Id=$fu")

The Sip-From-Tag and Sip-To-Tag only match when detect_direction is set to 1. Here's my detail record:

Mon Jan 26 16:41:13 2009
        Acct-Status-Type = Start
        Service-Type = Sip-Session
        Sip-Response-Code = 200
        Sip-Method = INVITE
        Event-Timestamp = "Jan 26 2009 16:41:13 CET"
        Sip-From-Tag = "9558cf66"
        Sip-To-Tag = "as2f28bff5"
        Acct-Session-Id = "YmZmY2E5YTZhMjA3NTU0NDMxNzE4NGI2MWUwNjE2YTk."
        Called-Station-Id = "sip:[hidden email]"
        Calling-Station-Id = "sip:[hidden email]"
        NAS-Port = 5060
        Acct-Delay-Time = 0
        NAS-IP-Address = 10.1.0.11
        Timestamp = 1232984473
        Request-Authenticator = Verified

Mon Jan 26 16:41:16 2009
        Acct-Status-Type = Stop
        Service-Type = Sip-Session
        Sip-Response-Code = 200
        Sip-Method = BYE
        Event-Timestamp = "Jan 26 2009 16:41:16 CET"
        Sip-From-Tag = "9558cf66"
        Sip-To-Tag = "as2f28bff5"
        Acct-Session-Id = "YmZmY2E5YTZhMjA3NTU0NDMxNzE4NGI2MWUwNjE2YTk."
        Called-Station-Id = "sip:[hidden email]"
        Calling-Station-Id = "sip: [hidden email]"
        NAS-Port = 5060
        Acct-Delay-Time = 0
        NAS-IP-Address = 10.1.0.11
        Timestamp = 1232984476
        Request-Authenticator = Verified

So everything seems to be right here, doesn't it?

Is there some sample configuration for the database query with the sql module for freeradius?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Robert Borz wrote:

> After solving my first issues, I'm now trying to setup db-accounting in SER. If this works I will upgrade my configuration to work with FreeRADIUS.
>
> So I added the acc module like this:
>
> loadmodule "acc.so"
> modparam("acc", "detect_direction", 1)
> modparam("acc", "db_url", "postgres://openser:password@10.1.0.16/openser")
> modparam("acc", "db_flag", 1)
> modparam("acc", "db_missed_flag", 2)
> modparam("acc", "db_extra", "from_uri=$fu; to_uri=$tu")
> modparam("acc", "radius_config", "/etc/radiusclient-ng/radiusclient.conf")
> modparam("acc", "log_flag", 1)
> modparam("acc", "log_missed_flag", 2)
>
> It doesn't matter if I set the detect_direction parameter to 0 or 1, the STOP record always will have the uri of the guy hanging up the call.
>
> Does the detect_direction only affect radius accounting or should I use other pseudo variables for my db_extra configuration? Although... $fu and $tu are looking very appropriate to me.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>

> Robert.

Re: acc-Module DB-Accounting

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Robert,

yes , by setting the "detect_direction" to 1, you are guarantee that the
STOP event will have the same "called-station-id" and
"calling-station-id" as the start, disregarding which party hung up.

what kind of queries are you looking for?

Robert Borz wrote:

> Hi Bogdan,
>
> I'm not sure if I can completely follow you. Now I skipped the db-accounting part and continued with radius accounting (finally the freeradius will also have a postgres database backend when finished configuration).
>
> But the Start and Stop Records in the acct-log also have Called-Station-Id and Calling-Station-Id wrong when the callee hangs up the call. I assume that this is why here also the values of the pseudo variables are not changed because the uri is not touched as you say.
>
> modparam("acc", "radius_config", "/etc/radiusclient-ng/radiusclient.conf")
> modparam("acc", "radius_flag", 1)
> modparam("acc", "radius_extra", "Called-Station-Id=$tu;Calling-Station-Id=$fu")
>
> The Sip-From-Tag and Sip-To-Tag only match when detect_direction is set to 1. Here's my detail record:
>
> Mon Jan 26 16:41:13 2009
>         Acct-Status-Type = Start
>         Service-Type = Sip-Session
>         Sip-Response-Code = 200
>         Sip-Method = INVITE
>         Event-Timestamp = "Jan 26 2009 16:41:13 CET"
>         Sip-From-Tag = "9558cf66"
>         Sip-To-Tag = "as2f28bff5"
>         Acct-Session-Id = "YmZmY2E5YTZhMjA3NTU0NDMxNzE4NGI2MWUwNjE2YTk."
>         Called-Station-Id = "sip:[hidden email]"
>         Calling-Station-Id = "sip:[hidden email]"
>         NAS-Port = 5060
>         Acct-Delay-Time = 0
>         NAS-IP-Address = 10.1.0.11
>         Timestamp = 1232984473
>         Request-Authenticator = Verified
>
> Mon Jan 26 16:41:16 2009
>         Acct-Status-Type = Stop
>         Service-Type = Sip-Session
>         Sip-Response-Code = 200
>         Sip-Method = BYE
>         Event-Timestamp = "Jan 26 2009 16:41:16 CET"
>         Sip-From-Tag = "9558cf66"
>         Sip-To-Tag = "as2f28bff5"
>         Acct-Session-Id = "YmZmY2E5YTZhMjA3NTU0NDMxNzE4NGI2MWUwNjE2YTk."
>         Called-Station-Id = "sip:[hidden email]"
>         Calling-Station-Id = "sip: [hidden email]"
>         NAS-Port = 5060
>         Acct-Delay-Time = 0
>         NAS-IP-Address = 10.1.0.11
>         Timestamp = 1232984476
>         Request-Authenticator = Verified
>
> So everything seems to be right here, doesn't it?
>
> Is there some sample configuration for the database query with the sql module for freeradius?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>

> Regards,
> Robert.

Re: acc-Module DB-Accounting

Robert Borz
Hi Bogdan,

thanks for your reply. I'm using FreeRADIUS with Postgres to store authorization and accounting information. Authorization stuff works quite well with the default database queries and table layouts in the sql-configuration of FreeRADIUS. But the accounting didn't.

So I thought of (and already started in) writing my own inserts/updates for the radacct table or defining my own table layout for sip accounting. But maybe somewhere around there's a working example configuration with all the proper queries and table layouts etc. ;)

That's actually what I'm looking for...

Robert Borz wrote:

> Hi Bogdan,
>
> I'm not sure if I can completely follow you. Now I skipped the db-accounting part and continued with radius accounting (finally the freeradius will also have a postgres database backend when finished configuration).
>
> But the Start and Stop Records in the acct-log also have Called-Station-Id and Calling-Station-Id wrong when the callee hangs up the call. I assume that this is why here also the values of the pseudo variables are not changed because the uri is not touched as you say.
>
> modparam("acc", "radius_config", "/etc/radiusclient-ng/radiusclient.conf")
> modparam("acc", "radius_flag", 1)
> modparam("acc", "radius_extra", "Called-Station-Id=$tu;Calling-Station-Id=$fu")
>
> The Sip-From-Tag and Sip-To-Tag only match when detect_direction is set to 1. Here's my detail record:
>
> Mon Jan 26 16:41:13 2009
>         Acct-Status-Type = Start
>         Service-Type = Sip-Session
>         Sip-Response-Code = 200
>         Sip-Method = INVITE
>         Event-Timestamp = "Jan 26 2009 16:41:13 CET"
>         Sip-From-Tag = "9558cf66"
>         Sip-To-Tag = "as2f28bff5"
>         Acct-Session-Id = "YmZmY2E5YTZhMjA3NTU0NDMxNzE4NGI2MWUwNjE2YTk."
>         Called-Station-Id = "sip:[hidden email]"
>         Calling-Station-Id = "sip:[hidden email]"
>         NAS-Port = 5060
>         Acct-Delay-Time = 0
>         NAS-IP-Address = 10.1.0.11
>         Timestamp = 1232984473
>         Request-Authenticator = Verified
>
> Mon Jan 26 16:41:16 2009
>         Acct-Status-Type = Stop
>         Service-Type = Sip-Session
>         Sip-Response-Code = 200
>         Sip-Method = BYE
>         Event-Timestamp = "Jan 26 2009 16:41:16 CET"
>         Sip-From-Tag = "9558cf66"
>         Sip-To-Tag = "as2f28bff5"
>         Acct-Session-Id = "YmZmY2E5YTZhMjA3NTU0NDMxNzE4NGI2MWUwNjE2YTk."
>         Called-Station-Id = "sip:[hidden email]"
>         Calling-Station-Id = "sip: [hidden email]"
>         NAS-Port = 5060
>         Acct-Delay-Time = 0
>         NAS-IP-Address = 10.1.0.11
>         Timestamp = 1232984476
>         Request-Authenticator = Verified
>
> So everything seems to be right here, doesn't it?
>
> Is there some sample configuration for the database query with the sql module for freeradius?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>

> Regards,
> Robert.

Re: acc-Module DB-Accounting

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Robert,

I see...unfortunately I cannot help you with this, as it is more
freeradius specific..... maybe somebody else have more knowledge into
this than me.