accounting and strange scenarios

Stanisław Pitucha
Hi all,

I've got 2 situations where opensips doesn't store the `acc` info
properly (imo), for some reason.
The first case is a bit complicated (best viewed with your favourite
monospace font):

--->8---
A       Proxy       B
INV->
      <-100-INV
        INV->
                  <-100-INV
                  <-180-INV
      <-180-INV
                  <-200-INV
      <-200-INV
CANCEL->
      <-200-CAN
ACK-INV->
BYE->
        BYE->
        ACK-INV->
        CANCEL->
                  <-200-CAN
                  <-487-BYE
      <-487-BYE
--->8---

So there are are lots of packet reorderings and on top of that, The
cancel seems to be sent out before 200(INVITE) is received by A-side.
This leaves me with accepted INVITE and no BYE (because BYE was
rejected) in the acc table. CANCEL is not accounted at all.

The second case a bit similar:

--->8---
A       Proxy       B
INV->
      <-100-INV
        INV->
                  <-100-INV
                  <-180-INV
      <-180-INV
                  <-200-INV
      <-200-INV
ACK-INV->
        ACK-INV->
BYE->
                  <-BYE
        BYE->
      <-BYE
200-BYE->
                  <-481-BYE
        200-BYE->
--->8---

The accepted BYE is not in the `acc` table either for some reason. I'm
left with INVITE only.

Are those opensips-acc bugs? Do you know some more clever way to deal
with accounting in this case?

Regards,
Stan

Re: accounting and strange scenarios

Alex Massover
Probably you don't trigger accounting for BYE request from the script (or not to all BYE requests).
If you want also to account CANCELS there's a flag in the acc module to do it (as far as I remember it doesn't enabled by default).

If accounting is triggered for BYE request - it produces ACC STOP regardless if BYE is accepted or not.
You supposed to have STOP with code=487 in thirst case and 2 STOPs in second case (one with code=200 and another with code=481).

[...]

This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.

This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.

Re: accounting and strange scenarios

Richard Revels
I'm kind of thinking that if the BYE is not accepted (error response) the failed_transaction_flag flag might need to be set at the start of the BYE transaction as well in order to pick it up.

On Sep 1, 2010, at 10:41 AM, Alex Massover wrote:

> Probably you don't trigger accounting for BYE request from the script (or not to all BYE requests).
> If you want also to account CANCELS there's a flag in the acc module to do it (as far as I remember it doesn't enabled by default).
>
> If accounting is triggered for BYE request - it produces ACC STOP regardless if BYE is accepted or not.
> You supposed to have STOP with code=487 in thirst case and 2 STOPs in second case (one with code=200 and another with code=481).

Exactly, I took a look and I always have failed_transaction_flag  & aaa_flag  enabled.