accounting flags

Dan Pascu

What is the difference between the missed and failed flags for do_accounting? They seem to overlap entirely for me (if I use both missed and failed flags I get any code >= 300 reported twice).

In version 1.11 there was only the missed flag that reported all response codes >= 300, but now we have 2 and the documentation is not clear on their difference.

--
Dan

Re: accounting flags

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-Advanced-Accounting

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
   http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/

On 10/16/2018 03:01 PM, Dan Pascu wrote:

> What is the difference between the missed and failed flags for do_accounting? They seem to overlap entirely for me (if I use both missed and failed flags I get any code >= 300 reported twice).
>
> In version 1.11 there was only the missed flag that reported all response codes >= 300, but now we have 2 and the documentation is not clear on their difference.
>
> --
> Dan

Re: accounting flags

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
BTW, the missed and failed concepts were also in 1.11, with the same
behavior as in 2.4

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.11.x/acc.html#idp5565104

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.11.x/acc.html#idp5590880

On 10/16/2018 04:30 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-Advanced-Accounting
>
> Regards,
>
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>
> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>   http://www.opensips-solutions.com
> OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
>   http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/
>
> On 10/16/2018 03:01 PM, Dan Pascu wrote:
>> What is the difference between the missed and failed flags for
>> do_accounting? They seem to overlap entirely for me (if I use both
>> missed and failed flags I get any code >= 300 reported twice).
>>
>> In version 1.11 there was only the missed flag that reported all
>> response codes >= 300, but now we have 2 and the documentation is not
>> clear on their difference.
>>
>> --
>> Dan

Re: accounting flags

Dan Pascu

On 16 Oct 2018, at 16:30, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-Advanced-Accounting

Thanks, that clarifies things. It would help to have a mention of this in the module readme. I was reading that, because that is the first thing I go for when it comes to documentation.

> Regards,
>
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>
> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>  http://www.opensips-solutions.com
> OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
>  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/
>
> On 10/16/2018 03:01 PM, Dan Pascu wrote:
>> What is the difference between the missed and failed flags for do_accounting? They seem to overlap entirely for me (if I use both missed and failed flags I get any code >= 300 reported twice).
>>
>> In version 1.11 there was only the missed flag that reported all response codes >= 300, but now we have 2 and the documentation is not clear on their difference.
>>
>> --
>> Dan

Dan

Re: accounting flags

Dan Pascu

On 16 Oct 2018, at 16:55, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> BTW, the missed and failed concepts were also in 1.11, with the same behavior as in 2.4

It seems I missed the failed flag when I skimmed the 1.11 docs to see the difference.

However I checked my old configurations and the behavior is not the same between 1.11 and 2.4. In 1.11 I used to set the accounting flag, the failed flag and the missed flag at the same time, but I would only get 1 negative reply being logged if the call failed. In 2.4 I get it twice (once from missed and once from failed) unless is a call with an intermediary failure (like 1 branch says 486 busy and the other says 200 ok) in which case I get it once (from missed) and  also get the 200 ok.

BTW, some failure codes are skipped even when missed is defined, like for example 482 loop detected. are they handled differently?

> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.11.x/acc.html#idp5565104
>
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.11.x/acc.html#idp5590880
>
> Regards,
>
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>
> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>  http://www.opensips-solutions.com
> OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
>  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/
>
> On 10/16/2018 04:30 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>> http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-Advanced-Accounting
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>>
>> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>>  http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>> OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
>>  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/
>>
>> On 10/16/2018 03:01 PM, Dan Pascu wrote:
>>> What is the difference between the missed and failed flags for do_accounting? They seem to overlap entirely for me (if I use both missed and failed flags I get any code >= 300 reported twice).
>>>
>>> In version 1.11 there was only the missed flag that reported all response codes >= 300, but now we have 2 and the documentation is not clear on their difference.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dan

Dan

Re: accounting flags

Yeah, I will add the link into the module docs, it is a good idea.

On 10/16/2018 05:14 PM, Dan Pascu wrote:

> On 16 Oct 2018, at 16:30, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>
>> http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-Advanced-Accounting
> Thanks, that clarifies things. It would help to have a mention of this in the module readme. I was reading that, because that is the first thing I go for when it comes to documentation.
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>>
>> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>>   http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>> OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
>>   http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/
>>
>> On 10/16/2018 03:01 PM, Dan Pascu wrote:
>>> What is the difference between the missed and failed flags for do_accounting? They seem to overlap entirely for me (if I use both missed and failed flags I get any code >= 300 reported twice).
>>>
>>> In version 1.11 there was only the missed flag that reported all response codes >= 300, but now we have 2 and the documentation is not clear on their difference.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dan

> Dan

Re: accounting flags

Hi Dan,

A wild guess - were you using the same flag for both missed and failed
calls ?

On 10/16/2018 05:20 PM, Dan Pascu wrote:

> On 16 Oct 2018, at 16:55, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>
>> BTW, the missed and failed concepts were also in 1.11, with the same behavior as in 2.4
> It seems I missed the failed flag when I skimmed the 1.11 docs to see the difference.
>
> However I checked my old configurations and the behavior is not the same between 1.11 and 2.4. In 1.11 I used to set the accounting flag, the failed flag and the missed flag at the same time, but I would only get 1 negative reply being logged if the call failed. In 2.4 I get it twice (once from missed and once from failed) unless is a call with an intermediary failure (like 1 branch says 486 busy and the other says 200 ok) in which case I get it once (from missed) and  also get the 200 ok.
>
> BTW, some failure codes are skipped even when missed is defined, like for example 482 loop detected. are they handled differently?
>
>> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.11.x/acc.html#idp5565104
>>
>> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.11.x/acc.html#idp5590880
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>>
>> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>>   http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>> OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
>>   http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/
>>
>> On 10/16/2018 04:30 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>>> http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-Advanced-Accounting
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>>>
>>> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>>>   http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>>> OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
>>>   http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/

> Dan

Re: accounting flags

Dan Pascu

On 23 Oct 2018, at 16:26, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> A wild guess - were you using the same flag for both missed and failed calls ?

Yes. I used the same flag for everything normal/missed/failed accounting.

--
Dan

Re: accounting flags

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
That's the reason :). The missed flag is automatically reset after
triggering. And the missed call event is the first to be triggered, so
the flag is reset, reseting actually the failed transaction flag also -
the failed transaction event is triggered after the missed calls.

Shortly said, if both missed and failed were to be triggered, only the
missed (as being the first) would have generated a record.