alias_db failing to look up alias for IP using multi_domain

alias_db failing to look up alias for IP using multi_domain

Julian Yap
Using the alias_db module, if I look up an alias by the IP address as
the domain, it doesn't work.  The alias table however does not let me
add the alias as an IP address as well as a domain.

Error message is: DBG:alias_db:alias_db_lookup: no alias found for R-URI

Example settings:
Server: a.domain.com
IP of server: 1.2.3.4

User: [hidden email]

Alias: +[hidden email]

A call to +18085551234@1.2.3.4 fails when using alias_db_lookup("dbaliases");.

I also can't add both aliases to the dbaliases table:
# opensipsctl alias_db add +18085551234@1.2.3.4 [hidden email]
INFO: +18085551234 alias already in dbaliases table

Thanks,
Julian

Re: alias_db failing to look up alias for IP using multi_domain

Alex Balashov
Alias_db has a literal - not a virtual (i.e. uri == myself style, aka
all DNS aliases and locally homed IP interfaces) - approach to domains,
as does auth_db and others.

One domain, and it must literally match the one in the RURI.

Julian Yap wrote:

> Using the alias_db module, if I look up an alias by the IP address as
> the domain, it doesn't work.  The alias table however does not let me
> add the alias as an IP address as well as a domain.
>
> Error message is: DBG:alias_db:alias_db_lookup: no alias found for R-URI
>
> Example settings:
> Server: a.domain.com
> IP of server: 1.2.3.4
>
> User: [hidden email]
>
> Alias: +[hidden email]
>
> A call to +18085551234@1.2.3.4 fails when using alias_db_lookup("dbaliases");.
>
> I also can't add both aliases to the dbaliases table:
> # opensipsctl alias_db add +18085551234@1.2.3.4 [hidden email]
> INFO: +18085551234 alias already in dbaliases table
>
> Thanks,
> Julian

Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (678) 237-1775

Re: alias_db failing to look up alias for IP using multi_domain

Julian Yap
So my only solution is then pass through +[hidden email]
(which isn't feasible) or to disable multi-domain?

Is there a way I can accept both +[hidden email] and
+18085551234@1.2.3.4?

- Julian

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Alex Balashov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Alias_db has a literal - not a virtual (i.e. uri == myself style, aka all
> DNS aliases and locally homed IP interfaces) - approach to domains, as does
> auth_db and others.
>
> One domain, and it must literally match the one in the RURI.
>
> Julian Yap wrote:
>
>> Using the alias_db module, if I look up an alias by the IP address as
>> the domain, it doesn't work.  The alias table however does not let me
>> add the alias as an IP address as well as a domain.
>>
>> Error message is: DBG:alias_db:alias_db_lookup: no alias found for R-URI
>>
>> Example settings:
>> Server: a.domain.com
>> IP of server: 1.2.3.4
>>
>> User: [hidden email]
>>
>> Alias: +[hidden email]
>>
>> A call to +18085551234@1.2.3.4 fails when using
>> alias_db_lookup("dbaliases");.
>>
>> I also can't add both aliases to the dbaliases table:
>> # opensipsctl alias_db add +18085551234@1.2.3.4 [hidden email]
>> INFO: +18085551234 alias already in dbaliases table
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Julian

> Alex Balashov
> Evariste Systems
> Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
> Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
> Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
> Mobile : (+1) (678) 237-1775

Re: alias_db failing to look up alias for IP using multi_domain

Alex Balashov
Have you tried adding both combinations to the DB manually without
using opensipsctl?

On Jan 4, 2009, at 10:55 PM, "Julian Yap" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So my only solution is then pass through +[hidden email]
> (which isn't feasible) or to disable multi-domain?
>
> Is there a way I can accept both +[hidden email] and
> +18085551234@1.2.3.4?
>
> - Julian
>
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Alex Balashov <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>> Alias_db has a literal - not a virtual (i.e. uri == myself style,
>> aka all
>> DNS aliases and locally homed IP interfaces) - approach to domains,
>> as does
>> auth_db and others.
>>
>> One domain, and it must literally match the one in the RURI.
>>
>> Julian Yap wrote:
>>
>>> Using the alias_db module, if I look up an alias by the IP address
>>> as
>>> the domain, it doesn't work.  The alias table however does not let
>>> me
>>> add the alias as an IP address as well as a domain.
>>>
>>> Error message is: DBG:alias_db:alias_db_lookup: no alias found for
>>> R-URI
>>>
>>> Example settings:
>>> Server: a.domain.com
>>> IP of server: 1.2.3.4
>>>
>>> User: [hidden email]
>>>
>>> Alias: +[hidden email]
>>>
>>> A call to +18085551234@1.2.3.4 fails when using
>>> alias_db_lookup("dbaliases");.
>>>
>>> I also can't add both aliases to the dbaliases table:
>>> # opensipsctl alias_db add +18085551234@1.2.3.4 [hidden email]
>>> INFO: +18085551234 alias already in dbaliases table
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Julian

>> --
>> Alex Balashov
>> Evariste Systems
>> Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
>> Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
>> Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
>> Mobile : (+1) (678) 237-1775

Re: alias_db failing to look up alias for IP using multi_domain

Julian Yap
I just tried manually inputting straight in to the DB and it works for me.

I guess that solves my issue.

Thanks,
Julian

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Alex Balashov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have you tried adding both combinations to the DB manually without using
> opensipsctl?
>
> On Jan 4, 2009, at 10:55 PM, "Julian Yap" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> So my only solution is then pass through +[hidden email]
>> (which isn't feasible) or to disable multi-domain?
>>
>> Is there a way I can accept both +[hidden email] and
>> +18085551234@1.2.3.4?
>>
>> - Julian
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Alex Balashov <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Alias_db has a literal - not a virtual (i.e. uri == myself style, aka all
>>> DNS aliases and locally homed IP interfaces) - approach to domains, as
>>> does
>>> auth_db and others.

>>> --
>>> Alex Balashov
>>> Evariste Systems
>>> Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
>>> Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
>>> Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
>>> Mobile : (+1) (678) 237-1775

Re: alias_db failing to look up alias for IP using multi_domain

Alex Balashov
I'm not sure if opensipsctl is broken in this respect or if you have to
make it aware that you're doing multi-domain support via its config
file.  But yes, when in doubt, manipulate the raw database.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (678) 237-1775

Re: alias_db failing to look up alias for IP using multi_domain

Julian Yap
There are no config options in opensipsctlrc to be multi-domain aware
so I would say that opensipsctl is broken in this respect.

The relevant IF statement in opensipsctl only looks up the 'user'
portion to check that it is unique:
if is_value_in_db $DA_TABLE $DA_ALIAS_USER_COLUMN $TMP_OSIPSUSER; then
    minfo "$TMP_OSIPSUSER alias already in $DA_TABLE table"
    exit 0
fi

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Alex Balashov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm not sure if opensipsctl is broken in this respect or if you have to make
> it aware that you're doing multi-domain support via its config file.  But
> yes, when in doubt, manipulate the raw database.
>
> Julian Yap wrote:
>
>> I just tried manually inputting straight in to the DB and it works for me.
>>
>> I guess that solves my issue.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Julian
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Alex Balashov <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Have you tried adding both combinations to the DB manually without using
>>> opensipsctl?

> --
> Alex Balashov
> Evariste Systems
> Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
> Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
> Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
> Mobile : (+1) (678) 237-1775

Re: alias_db failing to look up alias for IP using multi_domain

Alex Balashov
Aha.  Well, I guess it could make for an edifying bug report.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (678) 237-1775

Re: alias_db failing to look up alias for IP using multi_domain

Sergio Gutierrez
Hi Julian.

Please post the bug report on the tracker, so that we can fix it.

Thanks and regards.

Sergio G.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (678) 237-1775

Sergio GutiƩrrez

Re: alias_db failing to look up alias for IP using multi_domain

Julian Yap
FYI, I have filed Bug ID: 2487485.

Direct link:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2487485&group_id=232389&atid=1086410