avp variables

OpenSIPS - Users mailing list
Hi,

Is there a limitation for saving dynamic variables?
I'm asking this since I would like to collect data about the errors we send.

below is an example:

send_reply("503", "Service Unavailable 0");

 $avp(errorvar) = "ERR_503__Service_Unavailable_0";

 update_stat("$avp(errorvar)", "+1");

I'm afraid that we are going to have performance issues  if we have too many dynamic variables.

Is there a way to delete variables from statistics and not just reset them?

Thanks,

Tali

Re: avp variables

Razvan Crainea-3
Hi, Tali!

Memory is the only limitation, but I doubt you will hit it using variables. But if you are using too many (thousands of AVPs), you might affect the performace of your script, so I wouldn't suggest that.
But I don't really understand why you want to use these variables; why don't you do: update_stat("ERR_503__Service_Unavailable_0", "+1");?
What do you mean - delete variables from statistics? The statistics are simply counters with names, they don't store variables.
Not sure I answered your question, but I don't think I fully understand your issue. Can you offer more information?

Best regards,
Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Developer
www.opensips-solutions.com