b2bua To header format

Edwin
I use the latest stable opensips 2.3 release. B2Bua generates a To header
without the <> symbols, is this RFC? Is it posible to let b2bua generate a
To header in a 'normal' format?

Before b2bua: To: <sip:+31123456789@1.2.3.4:5060>
After b2bua:   To: sip:+31123456789@1.2.3.4:5060

I expect / would prefer:
After b2bua:  To: <sip:+31123456789@1.2.3.4:5060>
Or:                To: <sip:+31123456789@1.2.3.4:5060;user=phone>

--
Sent from: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-Users-f1449235.html

Re: b2bua To header format

Razvan Crainea-3
Hi, Edwin!

The generated URI is perfectly fine according to the RFC. Actually
that's the 'normal' format.
The <> symbols are used in an 'enclosed' URI, and you should only
enclose the URI if you want to specify some URI parameters. Since in
this case you don't have any, you get a 'normal' URI.
I don't think there is any way you could generate the To header
enclosed. Not sure how you are using B2B though, you might be able to
add some custom headers in your XML script or so.

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Developer
www.opensips-solutions.com

On 10/26/2017 11:08 AM, Edwin wrote:

> I use the latest stable opensips 2.3 release. B2Bua generates a To header
> without the <> symbols, is this RFC? Is it posible to let b2bua generate a
> To header in a 'normal' format?
>
> Before b2bua: To: <sip:+31123456789@1.2.3.4:5060>
> After b2bua:   To: sip:+31123456789@1.2.3.4:5060
>
> I expect / would prefer:
> After b2bua:  To: <sip:+31123456789@1.2.3.4:5060>
> Or:                To: <sip:+31123456789@1.2.3.4:5060;user=phone>
>

> --
> Sent from: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-Users-f1449235.html

Re: b2bua To header format

Edwin
Hi Răzvan,

Thanks, perfectly clear answer. So no nasty RFC discussions there.

I use the b2b_init_request("top hiding/a"); command and no SQL script, I
could test the p option (p - Preserve To: header.), but I rather have a
'clean' to header. So I leave it this way.

--
Sent from: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-Users-f1449235.html

Re: b2bua To header format

Edwin
Sorry, SQL script must be 'XML script'

--
Sent from: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-Users-f1449235.html

Re: b2bua To header format

Edwin
Hi Răzvan,

After the change to b2bua we present the To header like this:"To:
sip:+[hidden email];user=phone

After migration we still have problems with certain sip clients. In some
cases a software update did the trick. I will make a github feature request
to add the <> symbols anyway, even if it is following RFC.

In case of adding the ;user=phone, i'm in doubt if you don't have to enclose
the URI because of the semicolon. See RFC 3261:

" The Contact, From, and To header fields contain a URI.  If the URI
contains a comma, question mark or semicolon, the URI MUST be enclosed in
angle brackets (< and >).  Any URI parameters are contained within these
brackets.  If the URI is not enclosed in angle brackets, any
semicolon-delimited parameters are header-parameters,  not URI parameters.

--
Sent from: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-Users-f1449235.html

Re: b2bua To header format

Razvan Crainea-3
Hi, Edwin!

In this case I think you are right, because the ;user=phone should be an
URI parameter, not a header parameter. Although the syntax is fine, the
semantics change - not sure if that bothers you though.

Please open a bug report to keep track of this issue and point it to
this discussion :).

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Developer