basic over view of flags

Nigel Daniels
I am looking for a basic overview of the  flags in opensips I understand that there are tmessage flags branch flags and script flags but what I cant find in the documentation is what there pourpose is can any one provide a stright forward example to the pourpose of flags in opensips and how they are used

Re: basic over view of flags

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Nigel,

Have you went through the flags docs
(http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreFlags16)  ? There you have a
good explanation on the flag types and behaviours.

For what to use them, there are 2 cases:
    1) to signal some actions to some modules (like via flags you
trigger the accounting in acc module)
    2) for whatever scripting purposes you need - like to remember if
the requests came from a GW, to mark a state for later processing in
failure route, to mark a message as coming from behind a nat, etc...

www.voice-system.ro