delay for first invite

Dani Popa
Hi,

I know it's a weird question, but still, it is possible to add a delay
(let's say 5 seconds) for the first invite(somehow to increase post dial
delay with 5 seconds).

Thanks,
Dani

Re: delay for first invite

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi all,

Using sleep() functions in script is really dangerous as actually you block an opensips process in doing the sleep. So if you have 8 processes and you have 8 calls in sleep for 5 secs, you will end up blocking your entire opensips for all SIP traffic.

A not simple approach, but more efficient is to first set fr_timer to 5 and send the invite to a destination that does not exists / answer -> in 5 seconds you will end up in failure route and you can resume the processing there.....and there is no blocking in opensips.

On 11/22/2011 03:46 PM, Sammy Govind wrote:
We can add delay for a particular host, add error, packet drop and packet reordering in network layer but for just first invite !! ummm...yes in configuration where you detect _first_ INVITE put a sleep in there but then it won't be true network latency simulation.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Dani Popa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I know it's a weird question, but still, it is possible to add a delay (let's say 5 seconds) for the first invite(somehow to increase post dial delay with 5 seconds).

Thanks,
Dani

OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"