dialog module

wüber
Hi all,

I'm working with the dialog module, and  have a problem with it.
If I bind Opensips on the physical address it works fine, but if I
bind it on the 0.0.0.0 address (I use it for redundancy purpose), it
doesn't work fine.
In particular I get a message that the ACK and the BYE messages are
too big (bigger than 2048 byte), but actually with wireshark I can see
that they have a size of about 500 byte!

any idea on how can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Re: dialog module

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Carmelo,

Carmelo D wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working with the dialog module, and  have a problem with it.
> If I bind Opensips on the physical address it works fine, but if I
> bind it on the 0.0.0.0 address (I use it for redundancy purpose), it
> doesn't work fine.

Opensips does not support binding on 0.0.0.0 - it has to know from the
beginning the exact set of interfaces.
> In particular I get a message that the ACK and the BYE messages are
> too big (bigger than 2048 byte), but actually with wireshark I can see
> that they have a size of about 500 byte!

UDP ?

> any idea on how can I solve this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

www.voice-system.ro

Re: dialog module

Richard Revels
This comment from the opensips mailing list archive may help with the redundancy setup.

> 2) Set ip_nonlocal_bind via sysctl, which will allow you to bind to an
> interface even if it's not available on that host. You can have a hot
> standby host this way (on the virtual address), because it will start
> getting messages as soon as you update the routing. Just bind to the
> address you want instead of 0.0.0.0.

And the message size is probably the result of via headers being added as the messages loop.  Are you capturing on the loopback interface as well?

Richard

On Apr 27, 2010, at 11:10 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> Hi Carmelo,
>
> Carmelo D wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm working with the dialog module, and  have a problem with it.
>> If I bind Opensips on the physical address it works fine, but if I
>> bind it on the 0.0.0.0 address (I use it for redundancy purpose), it
>> doesn't work fine.
>>
> Opensips does not support binding on 0.0.0.0 - it has to know from the
> beginning the exact set of interfaces.
>> In particular I get a message that the ACK and the BYE messages are
>> too big (bigger than 2048 byte), but actually with wireshark I can see
>> that they have a size of about 500 byte!
>>
> UDP ?
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>> any idea on how can I solve this problem?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
> www.voice-system.ro

Re: dialog module

wüber
Hi Richard,

great! it works fine!
Thank you Bogdan, I have realized now that I can not bind Opensips on 0.0.0.0!

Thanks a lot both for your posts.

Carmelo

Re: dialog module

wüber
Hello Richard,

I've configured my system as you suggested and now going on with my setup and application, I have a similar problem with the CANCEL message.
If a make a call and, before answering the call, I close it from the caller side, sending a CANCEL message, I get lots of CANCEL packets and ACK packets and again the message that the size is too big!
One of these CANCEL and ACK packets (the same I can see with wireshark) are between the server and the end user, the other (that  do not see with wireshark) are inside the Opensips server!

How I can solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.

Carmelo

Re: dialog module

Richard Revels
There are several parts of the config where this type of problem can be checked and caught.  An easy one, provided you aren't running an asterisk on the same IP that talks to opensips or something, is this source ip and request domain check

        if( $si == $rd )
        {
                xlog("L_INFO", "Rejecting message that seems to be looping\n");
                sl_send_reply( "483", "Something wrong in SIP Message - created loop" );
                return(0);
        }

Another thing to check in CANCEL and ACK handling is can message be routed somewhere from the message headers or is it part of an existing transaction

                        if( (!loose_route()) && (!t_check_trans()) )
                        {
                                if (isflagset(1))
                                        xlog("L_INFO", "not forwarding $rm with debug turned on for $ci \n");
                                return(0);
                        }

If you have these and still have a problem it's going to require a lot more information about your config and some ngrep traces to nail down.  For me anyway.  Someone else might have some more thoughts just from past experience.

Richard