dispatcher / TM

Uwe Kastens
Hello,

I am handling in and outbound calls with a different setup for
loadbalancing and failover.

1) Inbound calls to UA:
softswitch >LB> asterisk1 to asteriskn => opensips => opensips => UA

2) Outbound
UA => opensips => opensips =dispatcher> asterisk => softswitch

The handling for the outbound calls is working as expected.

The handling of the inbound traffic fails, if the call arrives from an
other asterisk, that would be choosen by the dispatcher list.

I think this might happen because the reqeuest could not be matched with
the TM module. The only thing that might work is to use
preset_record_route an set the IP of the asterisk server, which delivers
the incoming call.

Anything that could help me beside that? Maybe dialog?

BR

Uwe

--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

Re: dispatcher / TM

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
HI Uwe,

I guess the problem is with outbound calls, right, as only there you do
use dispatcher ? or?

Uwe Kastens wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am handling in and outbound calls with a different setup for
> loadbalancing and failover.
>
> 1) Inbound calls to UA:
> softswitch >LB> asterisk1 to asteriskn => opensips => opensips => UA
>
> 2) Outbound
> UA => opensips => opensips =dispatcher> asterisk => softswitch
>
> The handling for the outbound calls is working as expected.
>
> The handling of the inbound traffic fails, if the call arrives from an
> other asterisk, that would be choosen by the dispatcher list.
>
> I think this might happen because the reqeuest could not be matched with
> the TM module. The only thing that might work is to use
> preset_record_route an set the IP of the asterisk server, which delivers
> the incoming call.
>
> Anything that could help me beside that? Maybe dialog?
>
> BR
>
> Uwe

Re: dispatcher / TM

Uwe Kastens
Hi Bogdahn,
> I guess the problem is with outbound calls, right, as only there you do
> use dispatcher ? or?

No, its with the inbound calls. The outbound calls are routed correctly.

BR

Uwe

--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

Re: dispatcher / TM

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Ok, and how the inbound calls are affected by dispatcher:

?

Uwe Kastens wrote:

> Hi Bogdahn,
>
>> I guess the problem is with outbound calls, right, as only there you do
>> use dispatcher ? or?
>>

> No, its with the inbound calls. The outbound calls are routed correctly.
>
> BR
>
> Uwe
>

>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Uwe Kastens wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am handling in and outbound calls with a different setup for
>>> loadbalancing and failover.
>>>
>>> 1) Inbound calls to UA:
>>> softswitch >LB> asterisk1 to asteriskn => opensips => opensips => UA
>>>
>>> 2) Outbound
>>> UA => opensips => opensips =dispatcher> asterisk => softswitch
>>>
>>> The handling for the outbound calls is working as expected.
>>>
>>> The handling of the inbound traffic fails, if the call arrives from an
>>> other asterisk, that would be choosen by the dispatcher list.
>>>
>>> I think this might happen because the reqeuest could not be matched with
>>> the TM module. The only thing that might work is to use
>>> preset_record_route an set the IP of the asterisk server, which delivers
>>> the incoming call.
>>>
>>> Anything that could help me beside that? Maybe dialog?
>>>
>>> BR
>>>
>>> Uwe

Re: dispatcher / TM

Uwe Kastens
> Ok, and how the inbound calls are affected by dispatcher:
>
> 1) Inbound calls to UA:
> softswitch >LB> asterisk1 to asteriskn => opensips => opensips => UA

This is what I am doing befor relaying to the asterisk. If I comment 1
and 2 out, I will have the typical problem, that I am missing some
answers messages to the asterisk, since they will be relayed to other
cluster members.

route[2]  {

        #1if (!has_totag()){
               ds_select_dst("1", "6");
        #2}

    if (!t_relay()) {
    sl_reply_error();
    };
}

BR

Uwe

--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

Update => Re: dispatcher / TM

Uwe Kastens
Hi,

I made again some tests.

It looks like, that there is a bug in my configuration. I have to debug
further. It looks like that for any type of sip pkg there in no active
transaction.

So the ds_select_dst was the only option to know where to send the pkg to.

BR

Uwe

--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

logs Re: Update => Re: dispatcher / TM

Uwe Kastens
Ok,

I tested it several times. The behaviour has been changed. I force a
record_route_preset("$si:5100") for incoming calls from pstn. That works
fine.

The other direction is my problem. If a UA at my external opensips will
make a call, some answers are missing. They are only relayed correctly
if I call the t_relay with an adress (Which happens if I use ds_select
for any package and have only one server in ds_list).

And I am wondering why.

Attached some logs, that show the difference, if I use ds_select only
for !has_totag() or in general.

The relevant parts of my opensips.cfg

 if ($si=~"20.20.138.141") {
  xlog("L_DBG","========== receive msg from external SIP Router
(trusted) $si\n ==========\n");
        if (!has_totag()) {
                # initial request
                record_route();
        }

  route(2);
  exit;
 }

### route[2] Routing to asterisk server
route[2]  {
        if (!has_totag()){
               ds_select_dst("1", "6");
        }

    if (!t_relay()) {
    sl_reply_error();
    };
}

BR

Uwe

--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

ano_ngrep.tar.gz (4K) Download Attachment