drouting: load balancing with probability like carrierroute

drouting: load balancing with probability like carrierroute

Noel R. Morais
Hi guys,

I would like to know if there is a way to load balance between
gateways using a probability like carrierroute does.

If there isn't, any plans?

Thanks,

Noel

Re: drouting: load balancing with probability like carrierroute

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
HI Noel,

you can do it using the sort_order param :
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/drouting.html#id272026

In mode 2, in a group, you can duplicate elements in such a way to
reflect a weight:
    (GW1, GW2) -> GW1=50% , GW2=50%
    (GW1, GW1, GW2) -> GW1=66% , GW2=33%
    (GW1, GW1, GW1, GW2) -> GW1=75% , GW2=25%

Noel R. Morais wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to load balance between
> gateways using a probability like carrierroute does.
>
> If there isn't, any plans?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Noel

Re: drouting: load balancing with probability like carrierroute

Noel R. Morais
Pretty cool workaround .... :D

Just kidding...

it worked ...

Thanks a lot,

Noel

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI Noel,
>
> you can do it using the sort_order param :
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/drouting.html#id272026
>
> In mode 2, in a group, you can duplicate elements in such a way to reflect a
> weight:
>   (GW1, GW2) -> GW1=50% , GW2=50%
>   (GW1, GW1, GW2) -> GW1=66% , GW2=33%
>   (GW1, GW1, GW1, GW2) -> GW1=75% , GW2=25%
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Noel R. Morais wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I would like to know if there is a way to load balance between
>> gateways using a probability like carrierroute does.
>>
>> If there isn't, any plans?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Noel

Re: drouting: load balancing with probability like carrierroute

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
yes, I know it is a workaround :).....but it works for the moment ;)