error in config file - invalid routing table number

error in config file - invalid routing table number

Patrick-9
Hello,
     I've run into a limitation in the config file.   I'm defining
routes tables as

route[1] {

route[100] {

opensips: CRITICAL:core:yyerror: parse error in config file, line
2000, column 1-2: invalid routing table number

Is there a limit of only 1-99 for routing tables?   Also, do these
numbers have to be sequential?

Thanks,

Patrick

Re: error in config file - invalid routing table number

Norman Brandinger
Take a look at config.h, specifically the following setting:

#define RT_NO 100

You'll have to recompile after changing the value.

Regards,
Norm

Patrick wrote:

> Hello,
>      I've run into a limitation in the config file.   I'm defining
> routes tables as
>
> route[1] {
> }

> route[100] {
> }
>

> opensips: CRITICAL:core:yyerror: parse error in config file, line
> 2000, column 1-2: invalid routing table number
>

> Is there a limit of only 1-99 for routing tables?   Also, do these
> numbers have to be sequential?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Patrick

Re: error in config file - invalid routing table number

Patrick-9
Would having more than 100 route tables mean I might run into issues
with private memory?  The is no command argument to change that
(unlike shared mem)...

Patrick wrote:

> Hello,
>     I've run into a limitation in the config file.   I'm defining
> routes tables as
>
> route[1] {
> }

> route[100] {
> }
>

> opensips: CRITICAL:core:yyerror: parse error in config file, line
> 2000, column 1-2: invalid routing table number
>

> Is there a limit of only 1-99 for routing tables?   Also, do these
> numbers have to be sequential?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Patrick

Re: error in config file - invalid routing table number

Norman Brandinger
I have some (very) large config files.  At some point increasing the
following variable helped (also in config.h):

#define PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE 4*1024*1024

To answer your previous question, no, the route table numbers do not
have to be sequential.

Regards,
Norm

Patrick wrote:

> Would having more than 100 route tables mean I might run into issues
> with private memory?  The is no command argument to change that
> (unlike shared mem)...
>

> On May 19, 2009, at 4:57 PM, Norman Brandinger wrote:
>
> Take a look at config.h, specifically the following setting:
>
> #define RT_NO 100
>
> You'll have to recompile after changing the value.
>
> Regards,
> Norm
>
> Patrick wrote:
>> Hello,
>>     I've run into a limitation in the config file.   I'm defining
>> routes tables as
>>
>> route[1] {
>> }

>> route[100] {
>> }
>>

>> opensips: CRITICAL:core:yyerror: parse error in config file, line
>> 2000, column 1-2: invalid routing table number
>>

>> Is there a limit of only 1-99 for routing tables?   Also, do these
>> numbers have to be sequential?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Patrick

Re: error in config file - invalid routing table number

Brett Nemeroff
Chances are, if you can't route with 100 route blocks, you're doing something inefficient. Of course, this is debatable, but there are many mechanisms to route calls other than route blocks. Check out drouting for example.

-Brett

Patrick wrote:
> Hello,
>     I've run into a limitation in the config file.   I'm defining
> routes tables as
>
> route[1] {
> }

> route[100] {
> }
>

> opensips: CRITICAL:core:yyerror: parse error in config file, line
> 2000, column 1-2: invalid routing table number
>

> Is there a limit of only 1-99 for routing tables?   Also, do these
> numbers have to be sequential?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Patrick

Re: error in config file - invalid routing table number

Patrick-9
Thanks Norm.   I've edited the config.h and all is well now....

Thanks,

Patrick